FP planning - ugh

A few more days and I will hit my 60 day mark and can book FP’s. Why do I feel like I’m about to show my science project in front of the class? I am nervous and it’s just ride reservations.

The first FP obviously is Flight of Passage and Mine Train cause those go fast, but anyone have any tips for booking the FP’s for first time?

Maybe this is overkill, but I used the Fast Pass+ Availability data here to monitor availability each day. It helped me to adjust my TP based on likely FP availability. For instance, you can see that for May 7th, 7DMT FPs are only available from 12:20pm, so if you have it planned for earlier, you should not expect to get a FP until the afternoon and will need to update your TP accordingly.

Of course, the data changes and it’s updated on the site daily, but it gave me a good indication of what to expect on my FP day. And it gave me something else to do in the day leading up!

Good luck!

4 Likes

I write down what FPs I want and what time I want. I then write down what time I booked next to them. You cannot overlap times and you cannot see what you have already booked when you go to book your second or third FP every day.

2 Likes

I make personalized touring plans for each day and use the Optimizer to help me determine the best FPP reservations based on my plan. Here is a link to the method that I use to do this:

4 Likes

This was me yesterday, an anxious mess at 7am in the morning.
My only tip is to make sure that you click on ‘choose a difference experience’ if you don’t see your favorite top tier rides (like Navi journey in animal kingdom or Soarin’ at Epcot) on the page. For Ak, didn’t know to click that so I just booked FP for FOP and thought that Navi journey was all gone. Then when I clicked on ‘choose a differentt experience’ 30 minutes later, found all the Navi Journey fast past times

2 Likes

You wanted Navi instead of FoP?

Yes, but managed to get everything I wanted. I was actually really surprised at the selection even an hour later. In my mind I imagined this experience to be like Wal-Mart on a Black Friday, but it was great!!

Navi is usually available into the booking window. FoP is very hard to get.

I had my first FP+ reservation day earlier this week, so I can certainly sympathize. I made a list of FP that I wanted each day; that list included the people who would do the attraction, when my TP had it scheduled, what my ideal FP window would be, and in some cases, what alternative to do if the FP I wanted wasn’t available (so if FOP was totally gone, I’d do Na’vi instead, or if Kiliminjaro was not available in the mid-morning, the next best time for my TP was the late afternoon).

There was one thing that threw me for a loop. When you pick a date and park, the website will bring you to a screen showing the FP attractions and available times. You can change the time range (morning, afternoon, evening) or pick a time. The thing that I didn’t figure out until halfway through is that there may be times available between the times listed. So, for example, if 12:00, 1:20, and 3:00 are listed, there may be FP available at 12:45. To see all FP available, click the “View Details and More times” link below the attraction name. Not rocket science, but I didn’t notice it. I ended up cancelling lots of the FP I made and redoing them once I noticed that link. (By the way, you can change the FP time using the “modify” tool so that you don’t let go of your old FP until you are securing your new one. You can also change who holds the FP or add people using “change party.”)

You can be making FP in one tab or window and in another have the Disney website show a list of the FP+ reservations made. That helped me keep track of how many FP I had booked for that day and when they were for.

Make sure you have the MDE app downloaded and ready to go on your phone, tablet, etc. Some people have had problems with the website not working right. Disney’s tech people helped them, but it took and hour or two. The app, however, can work for people even if the website has a glitch for them.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’m a month in from my 60 days, and just got around to tweaking my TP more. Went back to change some FPP and couldnt quite get them exactly how I wanted. But while not 100% perfect, still better than my original times. I think ??? i was sitting here online stressing out and figured only people here would be able to relate…I should have been spending more time than I already had!

1 Like

I use @brklinck’s method