FP+ at SWGE

How likely do you think it is for MFSR and RotR to get FP+ in the future? And if you think they will, when is it likely to happen?

This is the million-dollar question!

It would make sense to add FPP for RotR and MFSR and to update the tiering system, all at the same time. So I would guess they will wait until RotR has a more consistent operating schedule, which will depend on how long it takes them to figure out what’s causing the problems and how to fix it. Maybe 2-3 months from now. That would line up with the opening of MMRR, so maybe they’ll throw that in at the same time as well.

They already have the FPP tapstiles and queues in place. They just haven’t turned them on yet.

IMHO - It’s going to be even longer. I’m betting it’ll be closer to summer. This will give all the new attractions time to be running for a few months or more before they reshuffle the Tiers.

Who know’s… They could turn them on anytime now. They’ve been changing all the park hours & EMH like crazy this week. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I saw an brief article about it. It’s the trackless system. I’ve been trying to find the story, but since I look at so many Disney Blogs / DisTwitter it’s hard to remember where that article is. It had a few specific details about the issue. I’ll keep digging.

1 Like

I’ve read it has to do with the WiFi technology that tracks all the vehicles. Apparently it keeps dropping and so the ride temporarily loses track of where all the vehicles are and so it shuts down. Something like that. I’d love to read more detail about it! I hope the DLR version works better when it opens.

2 Likes

I also think they’ll wait quite a while. I actually prefer the BG system to the FP system! I’d be surprised if they have FP on either of these rides before summer.

3 Likes

Me too… As we talked about over the last few months DLR is my next Disney trip. It’ll be the first time I go to SWGE… (Feels like I’m cheating on WDW - :sunglasses:)

I’m definitely waiting to hear what all the DLR bloggers say about RotR and getting into the Land / Ride next month

1 Like

BTW I agree 2-3 months is the earliest they will do it. More likely summer or even at the 1-year mark.

2 Likes

This may be the article you are looking for: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Still Dead; Rise of The Resistance Huge Disaster

1 Like

Good article, but not the one I saw. The one I saw was dated this week and talked specifically about the issues going on now.

Thanks!

1 Like

My guess … Smuggler’s Run gets added as a FP option this fall, but it’s at least a year before RotR is added as a FP option.

1 Like