Four Points Sheraton - Recent Reviews?

Has anyone stayed at the Four Points Sheraton off I-5 across from Howard Johnson? My BIL is going to DL for his honeymoon and they want to save money for their first 3 nights and splurge on GCH the last 2. Four Points was under $150 a night for their dates, which was considerably cheaper than any other nearby hotel.

The pictures online look comfy. I drove by it the other day and the only downside (other than it being on the freeway) is that the doors open to the outside. I generally trust Marriott / Sheraton but I haven’t stayed at this particular hotel before.

Basically all I want to know is 1) is it safe and 2) is it clean. If it’s going to be a nightmare for them, I may play Uncle Moneybags and help then upgrade to a nicer place.

1 Like

Have not stayed there. We had a reservation for late April 2020, and we know how that turned out! I would be interested in people’s reviews!

Which BIL is this? The one from WDW trip or the one from DLR trip?

1 Like

The one from our WDW trip! But BOTH are now engaged and are getting married around the holidays.

2 Likes

Paging @lolabear_la and @93111tink to the party.

1 Like

Hotel is good. Area kinda bad. I have stayed once loong ago on W Katela, the other side of the freeway from Harbor Blvd. It was when the Hatbox ghost mug dropped at Trader Sam’s and it was a much faster cut through to the Disneyland hotel :rofl: The line started forming around 2am so I thought I by myself would go wander over. It was the only time in Anaheim that I felt kinda unsafe. Won’t stay over there again even though its usually half the cost. I noticed alot more weirdos ( not the Muppet Gonzo kind either :rofl:) hanging around

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience with the hotel itself but doubling down on the already expressed view on the area. It’s not a great area at all and I would avoid staying on that side unless they have a personal vouch for the specific hotel AND if they plan to drive & park in Disney lots to get around or Uber (not very efficient since the walk isn’t bad distance-wise), but even in the loss of time it’s such a sketchy area. We had family stay at a Ramada that direction & they did not like the walk. And that was a decade ago and I feel like over time that area has become less & less safe.

I would have them look at some of the motels around the Toy Story lot (Clarion Inn & Best Western Raffles) or a couple of the motels over in the vicinity of Disneyland Dr & Katella (Eden Roc & Best Western Raffles). We’ve stayed at the Eden Roc and it’s sufficient. It wasn’t our favorite but it did the job of saving us money the time we tried it out & it was safe. The nice thing about that area is that it’s really close to GCH and even though you can’t get TO the parks that nice short easy way, you can use the GCH as a shortcut back to the room when it’s a blessing for your feet. And even the walk in isn’t so bad, you get to walk past all 3 hotel properties & the Downtown Disney security always seems to run super efficiently so even long lines move quickly.

1 Like