FOTLK standby odds?

What are my odds of getting into FOTLK standby on a CL5 day at AK in July? I hate to burn a FPP on it, but we do want to see it. We are looking at the 5 pm show (there is also a 6 pm show) and would get there maybe 20 min before (more than that is pushing it for us)>

I think 20 minutes is a bit late, the queue gets really long. You MIGHT make it in though. It’s very possible.

What else are you using your FPPs for? I think it’s a solid use of one.

Totally fine and doable. We pretty much never use a FPP for this show and we have been on very high (8, 9) CLs.

To ensure your likelihood of getting in, arrive about 15-20 mins ahead of next show. But in all honesty we have arrived much closer to showtime than that and been able to get in without issue.

5 Likes

IMO if you use a FPP for this it’s because you want ringside seating

3 Likes

You will get in. Don’t use a FPP. If you want particularly good seating, then arrive a bit earlier, but otherwise, you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Agree with @OBNurseNH, we usually go on CL 8 days and get there 15-20 mins before. I don’t think you’ll have any problem at all.

2 Likes

Hehe I must really overestimate the queue when I look at it. (A common problem I have)

1 Like

I think the queue does look pretty long, but the theater is so massive and has so much seating.

4 Likes

And as far as queue you pretty much can see the whole of it, save that back “hallway” area. So what you see is what you get. Agreed, the theater is massive.

2 Likes

Just make sure you get in standby line. I made the mistake of seeing a long line and ended up in the FPP line which is close to TH. By the time I realized it, it was about 10 of and our family couldn’t find seats together.

1 Like

So if two of us “popped” in about 5 minutes before show time, we could possibly gets seats?

1 Like

Probably

1 Like

I’ve never used a FPP for any of the shows. I typically get to the theater about 30 min prior to show time.

2 Likes

Normally I do try to be about 25 to 30 minutes early for any show because I have so many small people in my party and I want good seats. That said, there of been plenty of shows that I only was able to get there five minutes before and we would still get in the door.

1 Like

We arrived 8 minutes prior to the show starting last trip with a party of 8. No issues at all getting a seat although we were in the upper section. If getting a seat closer to the floor is a priority for you I’d arrive earlier.

3 Likes

Thanks, all!

They’ll usually find “someplace” to seat you if you arrive before the show starts. You may not have the best seats, but as long as the doors are open you’ll get in. I also don’t recommend using FPP for shows, just try to be there ASAP.

3 Likes