Former WDW "Goofy" talks about his 25 years there

In case you haven’t heard about/seen this yet, you may want to check it out.

WARNING: IF YOU DON’T WANT MAGIC SPOILED OR DON’T WANT TO CRY THEN DON"T READ THIS!

I’m reading this at work and had to really fight back the tears at some of his stories!
Oh, also, it is a LOOONG thread, so be sure you have time to read it.

2 Likes

I did not think I could get more excited about our upcoming trip but here I am crying and I cannot wait. Goofy was always my favorite… Now I know why.

1 Like

I’m amazed that out of 169 views of this thread only one person commented. I wonder how many times the link was clicked on. Maybe my warning scared too many people away.

1 Like

I thought it was an interesting read & was glad you shared it. I skimmed most of the thread (not always expanding the responses) and he had some fascinating, heartwarming tales and some other “corporate greed” type stories that gives a DIS fan a little pause about the mouse…

Speaking of which, I just saw in an episode of “Adam Ruins Everything” that talked about how Disney was able to get copyright laws changed to keep old works from becoming public domain when Micky Mouse was about to become just that. So they not only blocked their works from becoming PD, but all works, thereby restricting new works to be created from such things. This, after many of Disney’s most famous creations were created from works that had become PD.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I got to the story about the little girls and lost it. Whoowee, that’s enough of that thread for me.

Told ya! The comments on the Reddit thread are amusing…grown men reporting that they never cry, yet his stories made them weep like a baby.