Formal/semi nite on a 5 night cruise

Sailing on the Dream out of Everglades the end of April. 5 night cruise, with pirate nite on day 2. Wondering if I should pack for a formal or semi formal nite?

1 Like

We did a 5 night cruise on the Dream last year & there was one ‘Optional Dress-up’ night. It was mostly semi-formal. You can always call and ask DCL too and they will tell you what the plan is now (subject to change by the time of sailing).

In my experience, regardless of any theme, a decent percentage of people are just doing what they want (meaning general cruise casual). In other words, if there is a formal night, some will dress up, but many will not. And what “formal” means to people will vary. So I would say dress as formally or informally as you like any night at dinner! I doubt you would feel out of place. I’ve sailed on the Dream 3 times, and the only time I really dressed up much was for dinner at Remy. But I have seen others dressed up.

1 Like

We’ve seldom dressed up much for our cruises, just a nice (not formal) dress for me and our daughters and nice pants and a button up shirt for DH (except at Remy).

But our next cruise is over New Year’s Eve this year. Since both girls will have recently graduated high school (youngest this June and oldest two years ago), they want to bring their prom dresses for formal night on New Year’s Eve. If we can figure out how to pack them, we’ll do that! DH plans to bring a suit and I’ll have to buy something more formal before we go.

1 Like