For those who will be driving to WDW

We drive everywhere. NY to FL, NY to SoCal, NY to Prince Edward Island, NY to OR. We favor stopping at Walmarts when we can find them. They never have lines for bathrooms and you can buy food. They also seem to be everywhere! Meanwhile. Walmarts have been open throughout the lockdowns and people aren’t dying from using them. Win - win - win. :wink:

2 Likes

Like @qwerty6 we drive every where we go NJ to FL and up and down the East coast. I have learned that I want to book my hotels in advance and I check out the reviews. I have been tired and just picked hotels along the highway just to be thankful that I did not get sick from the stay. I won’t travel this way anymore I would rather sleep in the car then stay in a flea bag motel ever again. I don’t stay 5 star we stay at Red Roof, La Quinta, or some other cheap chain but I all ways look at the reviews. Also I travel with a pocket size can of Lysol and have started making my own hand sanitizer. I use hand rails to aid my mobility disability and after watching kids put their mouths on them and people sitting on them as well of all sorts of disgusting other things, hand sanitizer is #1 for things I take everywhere.

Been there, done that. We often make the drive up and down the west coast from Washington to Disneyland. Last August, we got older daughter checked in to her dorm at U of Redlands in SoCal and then high-tailed it north. We made it to Redding and just found a place to crash. I usually make everyone unload the entire car into the room, but didn’t that night cuz I was so tired! My younger daughter’s clothes (in her Adidas bag), Nike tennies, new Droid Depot BB Unit (!), and all of her Disney pin collection were stolen from our car, along with other random items. It was not a great ending to an amazing trip. I’ve managed to replace most of her pins through ebay. Those were the toughest loss because they had so many memories attached to them!

2 Likes

Notes about hotels from a Door Dasher whose delivered to a few lately:

Some, you can’t get in the door to the lobby without ringing a bell or having a key.

All have had their “public” restrooms closed.

3 Likes