FOP Rider Swap

We’ve done the rider swap in the past, but never tried to utilize the “you only need a fast pass for one rider” approach. I want to try it for our FOP ride, but am nervous about being wrong.

So… if we show up in the FastPass line and only one of has a fastpass (and we are toting 3 children too small to ride), will we be be given a rider swap? Will the kids have to wait in the line? It seems every now and then someone reports a CM requiring their kids to wait in the line, which seems like it would hurt Disney in multiple ways since now you have cranky kids and wasted time when the family could have been spending money… but maybe these people didn’t know what they were talking about :slight_smile:

1 Like

We just returned from our 8 day Disney trip and we did FOP a couple of times during the week. We had 5 children aged 6 and under in our group, and only 2 of them were tall enough to ride, so we had to utilize Rider Swap a lot. In total, ours was a group of 10 - 5 adults (who ALL wanted to ride), and 5 children (only 2 could ride). We all had FastPass but did not all have to scan them in order to use Rider Swap. I would go up with my husband & two children and go to the FastPass line. I would gesture to my kids in the stroller and say we’d like to use the Rider Swap. I would then be given the lanyard, and then my group would walk together over to a space where we would have the kids wait. Then I’d take my older daughter in line with me while my husband waited with our son, and when finished, I’d give him the paper pass so he could go through the FastPass line, letting our daughter ride twice. I think this would be the same with the Standby line - your kids won’t have to wait in line unless someone is really misinformed.

1 Like

Thank you! This makes me feel a bit better about trying it with a Fastpass plan. Worst case, we each only ride once (different days).

1 Like

We did FOP rider swap on 12/8 and the total experience took us 40 min. We rope drop just like the video on touring plans youtube channel, we were even on a better place than he was and were done by 9:40h. Saying so you can plan the rest of your day.

1 Like