FOP Question

I’m not sure how to really ask this, but is there anyway to know before we get there if someone will fit in the FOP seats? My mom is short and pretty heavy (5’1” and 250lbs) and I don’t want her to be embarrassed if she can’t fit into the seat, especially since we will be with my in laws. I know there is a seat outside the ride to try, but I’ve read there have been many people who have tried it and not been able to ride still. TIA

1 Like

I was just there two weeks ago with my friend who was nervous about fitting too. She is about that height and heavier. There is test seat just outside of the FOP entrance. We had to locate a CM to activate the restraints for us. She fit. We were able to ride two times during the trip without any problems.

1 Like

What DreamLaughImagine said. The test seat is not just a good opportunity for a fit test. It’s also a good opportunity to learn some tips and tricks from a cast member and get familiar with what you need to do without the pressure of everyone else waiting on you to get the ride underway. I’m 6’ 5", 350 lbs. so I understand the anxiety. In my case it helped me to be able to get myself in the optimal position on the actual ride vehicle so that all the cast member had to do was give the seat back a gentle shove to get it to lock. No delays and negligible special handling required. It was a snug fit, but I was able to enjoy the ride with no problems.

1 Like