FoP at RD?

How much of the experience in line is lost if we do a FP for FoP instead of standby?

My FP day is coming up next week. I’ll be looking for FPs for AK 60+3 on a day with CL of 3. I’m thinking we can do RD for FoP so my kids don’t miss anything.

Thoughts?

I have never been thru the standby line but there is very little that could be there to make it worth standing in line for 1 1/2 - 3 hours. At RD they will take you through the FastPass lane if you are reasonably near the front also. Definitely try to get a FPP and rope drop also, it’s an awesome ride!

My Mom and Aunt (in their 60’s) both LOVED the Standby Line for FoP :rofl: They were disappointed when we used a FP+ for the second ride. We were in the line for 2 hours, longest I have ever been in a line (but it did go fast, and we seemed to be moving most of the time; used Play Disney App to entertain the 6 yr old) …we had RD’ed AK, but didn’t quite get there early enough.

I agree that it doesn’t really matter what’s in the line… I’m going to choose the FP line every time compared to the very long wait you’ll likely experience in standby. It sounds like the coolest part of standby is a avatar animatronic that’s in a tank, and I remember there was a point in the FP line that I could see the animatronic through a frosted (?) window. So not as good as if I had been right there, but still better than waiting in line 2 hours!

I think this may be the deciding factor. I’ve been on FoP before, and seeing the avatar up close really was cool, so I thought a CL of 3 might mean a RD wait of less than an hour, which might be worth it for my kids, who haven’t seen it. But if we may miss it with RD anyway, I will just go ahead and get the FP.

Thanks, everyone!

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times. CLs do not factor into RD.

IMHO - You miss elements that make passing the time in queue better. However, they aren’t worth the wait on their own. The amount of dollars per minute you spend being there are too precious to be used being in line.

1 Like