FootGolf? Or Golf? With Parkhopper Plus

Anybody tried FootGolf at OakTrail? Was it fun? Busy? Looking for creative non-hectic things to enjoy on our trip.
Also, I have a golfing husband and two non-golfing kids who like going to the driving range. Would they be okay on the Oak Trail golf course that’s advertised as a “family” course?
Thanks!

I just spoke with someone who used to work for Disney Golf.

She said that of all the courses, the one that is most “user friendly” for golfers of all abilities is LBV. Magnolia I believe is the one she cited as having a lot of water hazards, making it technically challenging, and Palm is the one used by PGA and has very long holes. Interestingly she didn’t mention Oak Trail at all but the golfwdw.com site suggests - especially being par 36 - it would be family friendly; note that that course is walking only.

You can do just 9 holes if 18 is too much. I’m a baby golfer and had a great time at LBV in April. Just FYI to my knowledge there are no driving ranges at WDW.

2 Likes

Attractions Magazine has some YouTube videos of Foot Golf at Oak Trail.

There are several golfers on chat too. You may want to ask there.

https://m.touringplans.com/wdw/chats#_chat_page_2

1 Like

Bumping an old thread to see if anyone has tried footgolf at Oak Trail. We’re not golfers, but we’re big into youth soccer these days. Curious on opinions. And what’s the best way to get there using Disney transportation? Does this still exist?

1 Like

My kid is also a big soccer player. We played foot golf in February 2023. We had the first start time for foot golf for the day, late afternoon. Not sure how this happened but real golfers caught up to us which was awkward. We got out of the way and let them play through. The foot golf group behind us was super annoyed and concerned about safety when the regular golfers showed up. They were not quiet about it and listening to them arguing was even more uncontrollable.

As of February 2023 the free transportation still existed.

It was a fun and different thing to do although my son has not asked to do it again unlike regular mini golf which is a request every trip.

1 Like

They understand it’s a golf course, right? :laughing: Maybe Disney needs to make that more clear. Footgolf is the add-on.

Actually looking at the online tee times now it appears they may have fixed this by not having any overlap between golf and footgolf. 4/7 for example (furthest out available), has the final golf tee time at 2:24 and the first footgolf time at 5:04.

1 Like

I thought it was this way back then too but I think the overlap occurred because we were an early time. I actually thought they checked the course before letting us go. I’m not sure where it went wrong but yes, I felt badly for the real golfers having to deal with this add-on.

Looking back at my photos though, we were on the course before 3:30 but that was February so an April time would be 4:30 so maybe they have increased the time gap.

2 Likes