Footballs coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

5 Likes

It sure is!!

1 Like

What means this? England for the win?

2 Likes

Yes. Back in 1996 the European championships were held in England, and the official theme song 3 Lions was released. It’s coming home is a refrain throughout the song. It’s a classic!

We didn’t in fact win that tournament! But we did get to the semi final where we were beaten by Germany on penalties.

4 Likes

Not sure if this will work :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I love this song, soundtrack to an amazing summer!

2 Likes

It was indeed an amazing summer! Love, love this song!
DH was at that England v Germany match…I think he cried :sob:

2 Likes

:lion::lion::lion: = :trophy: = :house: :tada:

3 Likes

I was at home but I cried too.

3 Likes

Yes but my family comes from Croatia so we might be on opposite side on this one. Then again I live in the USA so Football does not start for us till late August. So good luck.

4 Likes

What is this thing you call, “football?”

Oh. Is it something you use to relieve your plantar fascitis?

Have faith - England will not fail to disappoint its supporters…

1 Like

Routing for England to take it all!!! :soccer:

2 Likes

When is the Big Game? I want to know when to be cheering internally (while … or shall I say whilst? … going about my usual day)

It’s Wednesday at 7pm, so 2pm EST.

Ah. You’ve said “EST” and we are in “EDT” (daylight savings). So if it’s really 2pm EST then it would be 3pm EDT.

Or if you just meant whatever time it is here on the east coast, then I will go with 2pm “my time” and disregard “Standard” or “Daylight Savings” reference.

Confused yet?

1 Like

No I just refuse to say EDT when everyone knows I mean Disney time! Also, I didn’t say it was 7pm BST (British summer time), maybe it’s GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

Very, and I live here on the East coast.

1 Like

I don’t know those things. :confused:

I have been put in my place.

Thank you, ma’am may I have another?

1 Like

Haha! Yes I meant EDT :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like