Food while in queue?

Are you allowed to eat snacks/sandwiches/whatever while in line for an attraction, ie: Kilimanjaro Safari?

Yes

1 Like

As a rule, CMs will expect you to finish or put away your food before boarding a ride (no eating on the ride itself), but while in line as fine.

1 Like

Thank you both! Tryin’ to shave off time, ya know?! lol

2 Likes

And they are very strict about that on KS, for obvious reasons.

I’ve seen people very annoyed that they can’t bring their coffee onto the ride vehicles!

2 Likes

Obvious indeed!

Why people would be surprised that you can’t bring food or drink of any sort near free-roaming wild animals is beyond me.

2 Likes

See, that’s ridiculous to me that people would even think that it would be a good idea to expose the animals to human food, let alone the chance of any trash falling out of the vehicle. The queue was actually a concern of mine because its so close to the ride itself, I didn’t know if it would be against the rules for the safety of the animals.

You’re fine in the queue. I took coffee all the way to top of the line and there are bins there to dump stuff into.

1 Like

Not sure if you are looking for an answer specifically for KS, but you are NOT allowed to bring open food or drink (think ice cream, drinks without a screw top etc) into Space Mountain. You will not be allowed to enter the building.

1 Like

Good to know! I kinda felt like that may be the case for any indoor queue, like FOP, PPF, HM, etc.

I assume it would be the same for all indoor lines, but I can’t say for sure. The only reason I know about Space is because I’m a former Space CM and this was a HUGE issue haha

1 Like

I question KRR and JC too because the lines are so close to the water. floating French Fries do not add to the experience.

Because entitled. :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure if the question was specific to the Safari - but I can think of many instances of us being told we had to finish coffee before we got in line. My husband would get starbucks in am - and then again mid afternoon. It was a running joke among the kids waiting for dad to gulp down or ditch his coffee right after he’d get it.

Not the question per se, but there ARE water fountains (both to drink from and ones to fill bottles) in the FOP and NRJ queues.

1 Like

I could just imagine having to try to clean Ice cream out of one of those long conveyor belts…

1 Like

omg Haunted Mansion… lol that would be so awful.