Food and Wine

Hi @sukaryan this year will be my first time at F&W. From what I’ve gathered the crowds and rowdiness tend to be mostly on the weekends. F&W is also mostly centered WS. If you’d like to avoid any craziness I would suggest hitting WS right at the 11am opening and touring until late afternoon. Have a great time.

1 Like

Oh, goodness. We were also planning on going with our kids. When you say rowdiness, how rowdy are we talking? Would it be uncomfortable to be there on a weekend night with a 14, 4, and 4 month old?

Can we have some more insight on rowdiness level from anyone? Checking other F&W threads. Can @MeetMeAtThePoly or @MagicMN help out on this one?

@Darth_DopeyD73 I’m testing to see if you can see this. Thanks! Help appreciated.

I can see it!!
@bwalker75

and funny… this will be my first foray into Food and Wine this year. So I can’t really comment from experience on the rowdiness. But I know that @HappyKaren has been with her kids. Maybe she can add some insight sometime today.

I would appreciate any info. Tried searching other discussion boards and did not come up with anything. Hope I didn’t scare anyone. I suspect that the above comment is correct: little to no rowdiness during weeknights.

You didn’t scare me. Haha. I am planning a Saturday, Thursday, and Friday night there, though. I’m all for a good time, but hoping it’s not too crazy.

1 Like

I’ve gone for the past 3 years w 2 older kids, usually w/o DH, and one night I left the kids at Neverland to go solo. We go on weekdays and arrive as early as we can but not necessarily right at 11am. Pro: slightly shorter lines, no visibly inebriated folks. Con: Sometimes too hot for kids who’ve been up since RD and mutiny ensues, making it a short F&W trip. I have the most fun there in the evening. It’s not so hot, crowds aren’t TOO bad, and I’ve yet to see anyone do anything “inappropriate”. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

We were there last year, and we’re lucky enough to be going again this year. I think you will be absolutely fine, even at the weekends it’s still Disney and not rowdy in my humble opinion. I can only say what we experienced, but even people who were drinking were very good natured and there were absolutely loads of families around - everyone was having a good time generally :smiley:

3 Likes

On weekend nights or nights popular bands are playing, it will be “holiday” crowded. You might spot a drunk or two but I haven’t yet seen one. At Disney drink prices, it is not like folks are doing shots and playing Spring Break.
Lines at the Food stands can be pretty long and the Foods aren’t aimed at kids unless they are adventurous eaters.

2 Likes

I have seen no “bad” behavior at F&W. I went prepared for it, but nope- nothing. If it offends you to see people strolling about with alcoholic beverages you might find it bothersome.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input @Tweedledee and @PianoMinnie . @Elaine5715 good point about the drink prices. @HappyKaren seeing people drinking is fine with me, so we should be fine. Seeing them fall over drunk is another thing, but y’all are right, it’s Disney, not Bourbon Street. And I love a nice glass of wine as much as anyone :wink: Thanks again!

3 Likes

I’m going to WDW specifically for Food & Wine the first week of November. (yes, I realize that’s Jersey week.) I really hope it’s fun busy and not crazy “Bourbon Street” busy. Nice choice of words, @kellybelle. At this point my friends are planning to just do Epcot on our Wednesday and Thursday - no Park Hopper. I hope we don’t regret it and feel trapped! I’m making a short list of things we can do to get away if it is too overwhelming in the evening. We do have ADRs though - Via Napoli and Illuminations Dessert Party on Wednesday and Rose & Crown at 7:15 pm on Thursday. I’m hoping that will help. Any other advice?

1 Like

@SallyEpp_cot I’ll be there Mon Tues. & maybe Wed. that wk. I’m a bit concerned abt the evening EMH Wed boosting up crowds tho. Other than that I’m not worried abt crowds much early in the week. I might be there more nights now that we 'll be so close. Walk over to YC if it gets bad & we’ll hit the CL spread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously IDR attractions being that crowded. Most pple are there for the booths. Agent P, shopping, pavilions all fine.

1 Like

How exciting @PianoMinnie! A potential liner meet! I’m going to be with my friends and one of them is being particularly annoying today. I might need an escape. :smile: This is the only one of my friends who doesn’t want to book her own room. I’ve said she can room with me, but am starting to regret it. She tried to get me to let her pay for her half in gift cards purchased at Target. I said NO.

Thank you so much. That relieves my mind a great deal!

We have been twice during food and wine and the people were fine. Agree with everyone that you may see more people “drinking around the world” on the weekends but we never saw anything that got out of hand. The fall is our favorite time to go. Great weather and crowds :). Have a great trip!!!

1 Like

And here’s the link to the earlier thread - F&W Festival events

Other premium events were released yesterday -
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-new-experiences/

1 Like