Food and Wine Fest

No. Today is by phone only since it’s presale

Also… Found out it’s for the smaller demos only (the mixology, culinary demos - the $15 ones)

The bigger events go on sale for Disney Visa holders on July 29, and gen pub on the 31st.

I’ve lost track of who I should reply to or tag, so I’ll just add more to the conversation here at the bottom. :smile:

I’m also really salivating over the kiosk menus! I’m glad we’re doing F&W the last week of the festival. I’m going to enjoy reading all the reviews and posts about different foods that people try in all the weeks leading up to my trip.

1 Like

Been on hold forever. I’ll call back later!

@SallyEpp_cot: I plan on doing a “live” review via Instagram and twitter. Dopeyd73 on Instagram. If you’re not already following. Lol.

1 Like

Nice. I’m sallycepp on Instagram.

Are there any food & wine events that would be good for children? DD14, DS 4…

@DarthD will the regular Party of the Senses be open for Visa holders on the 29th? And do I need to call the 407-939-3378 on the 29th or online?

I believe so. History has it that presale is by phone only, but you can always give the website a whirl just in case.

“Are there any food & wine events that would be good for children? DD14, DS 4…”

@kellybelle: off the top of my head the 3d dessert thing looks really cool. I wanted to go but I have MNSSHP that night.

@DarthD You’re right it does look fun. I forgot to mention that may trip is 9/19-9/28, so no 3-D party for us :frowning: Thanks!

Well dang.

1 Like

Can we re-visit this conversation? I’m starting to make my list of kiosk items I’d like to try, and it’s so overwhelming! I’d appreciate any suggestions.

The total cost for my list of things to try is over $200 right now, and that seems excessive for 2 days. How many kiosk items can one really eat in two days? My list right now has 20 savories, 8 desserts and 6 drinks on it. Trying 1/2 of those each day would be the goal. Is that something I can accomplish if I’m willing to pay for it? Or should I cut a bunch of things off my list?

@DarthDopey - I loved your Instagram pics. Maybe when you get home you could provide some advice here for items I shouldn’t miss?

1 Like

I would love to know what is on your list so far @SallyEppcot. Our F&W time is limited to one afternoon (11-3:30) and one post dinner time (8:30-10) now so I am very limited and want to choose wisely. And we have BOG dinner in between those two times so I don’t want to go crazy. I figure my sis and I will share every thing we try so it shouldn’t be too much food.

This is my list so far. I tried really hard to skip things that I know I like, but can easily eat at home, so no ravioli or spanakopita. I also tried to limit myself to one food choice per location just to economize.

*indicates a dessert, ^indicates a drink, ? indicates something I’ll skip if the list is too long

Starting on the right and going counter-clockwise around the lagoon…

Scotland
Seared Sea Scallop
^Innis & Gun beer

Hawaii
Kalua Pork Slider

Puerto Rico
Ensalada de Carrucho
*Flan Cocho

Desserts/Champagne
?*Dessert Trio

Greece
Vegetarian Moussaka
*Griddled Cheese

Canada
Seared Rainbow Trout
^one of the Unibroues beers from the regular cart

Ireland
Lobster & Seafood Fisherman’s Pie

France
Tartelette aux Escargots
*Creme Brulee

Brazil
I might skip this one

Belgium
Potato & Leek Waffle
*either the compote or chocolate dessert waffle

Morocco
I’ll probably skip this one

Japan
Chirashizushi
?Teriyaki Gyoza Bun
^Sparkling Peach Sake Gel

Block & Hans; Hops & Barley; Italy
Skipping these because I’m a lightweight, and have an ADR at Via Napoli

Poland
Sauerkraut Pierogi
^Frozen Szarlotka

Germany
?Schinkennudelh/Noodle Gratin
(I’ll probably get something from *Karamell Kuche instead)

Brewer’s Collection
^Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer

Singapore
Lemongrass Chicken Curry

Africa
Beef Tenderloin Tips

South Korea
Kimchi Dog

China
Beijing Roasted Duck in a bun
^Mango Green Bubble Tea

Farm Fresh
Nueske’s Pepper Bacon Hash

Mexico
I’ll probably skip the booth and get a ^margarita in La Cava

Australia
Grilled Lamb Chop
*Pavlova

New Zealand
Steamed Green Lip Mussels

Patagonia
Grilled Beef Skewer

Terra
I’ll probably skip this one

Now that I’ve typed it all out, it looks like 18 savory items, with 2 potential extras (the ? mark ones.) That would be 9 or 10 items each day. I’ve listed 6 dessert, with one potential extra. That would be 3 each day. I’ve listed 6 alcoholic drinks and one non-alcoholic drink. Knowing me, I should probably drop 2 of the drinks, but we’ll see. It looks like most of them are tiny.

That looks like a great list to me. Since we are so limited on time I have a shorter list and am just going to wing it on beverages.
Hawaii: Kalua Pork Slider
Farm Fresh: Nueske’s Pepper Bacon Hash
Scotland: Sea Scallop
France: Escargot Tart
China: Roasted Duck in a Bun
Puerto Rico: Tostones ?

I like what you said about skipping things you can get easily at home. Bye bye Shrimp Taco from Mexico and Beef Filet Mignon from Canada!

I need to read more posts from Liners who have been though to make sure I use my few items wisely.

2 Likes

I think my list is too long. :frowning: We have Via Napoli and the dessert party on Wednesday. On Thursday, I’ll have breakfast at Akershus AND Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner, although I’m going to try to get out of the dinner. It’s not something I’m excited about.

But you have two days in Epcot and if you end up sharing some items that might not be too many. It was so hard to resist any Epcot ADRs, so many good places. Your trip is F&W focus so your list is good. Mine is a 4 1/2 day trip trying to fit in MNSSHP, all 4 parks and Food & Wine.

2 Likes