Food and Wine Fest

Not sure if this has been posted, i’m still on the learning curve http://www.epcotfoodfestival.com/

7 Likes

@JustTimmy - Thanks, I was just looking for the link! :smiley:

Here’s the thread started earlier - I’ll copy your post there.

2 Likes

Menus are out. Just roll me around EPCOT ok?

3 Likes

What’s the story on the wrist gift cards? Crazy question but can I buy one with a regular Disney gift card or should I just use the Disney card for this purpose? Do the booths except Disney GCs? Thanks.

I think it is just a holder + regular gift card. Good idea - I’ll just make my own at home!

Also: I think it’s so lame (of WDW) that the DFBlog has WAY BETTER coverage of what events/prices/etc are than Disney itself. I mean, c’mon Disney!!!

1 Like

the booths accept all forms of payment: cash, credit cards, and gift cards. I can and do use the ones one can get at Target, et cetera. The F&W people play up the ones sold at the festival because they have the F&W logo and a little wrist strap, which is supposed to make them more convenient. I guess the arduous task of having to fish out one’s wallet would make someone less likely to impulse buy something from one of the booths compared to having a wrist-tethered card. Or something.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JustTimmy - which events are you attending this year?

These food options are overwhelming in the best way. I see almost nothing that I don’t want to try! Many people try to lose weight before vacation, but I am going to practice over eating to prepare myself for this, lol.

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the brochure:

http://cdn.media.tablesinwonderland.com/Files/TIW%20FW%20Booklet%202014.pdf

2 Likes

I’m very new to F&W as this is my first year attending. I’m looking forward to visiting all the booths around the world. I really wanted to see buddy from cake boss. Is it usually for them to attend only once.

The big question I have is - ADRs or no ADRs at Epcot during Food & Wine? I’ve been planning to do F&W kiosks for lunch and snacking, but to have ADRs for dinner so that we can get out of the crowds and sit down for a while. Good idea? Or too much food? I’m thinking we can order light - drinks, appetizers, salads - if we’re not hungry.

1 Like

Oh thank you! I did not know this existed. It is the first time I am going to the Food and Wine Festival and it is just a quick trip. This Helios so much!

1 Like

I’m still figuring that out myself. I’m thinking that ADR’s might be too much, but there are a couple places I REALLY want to try during that trip. LOL

I don’t do ADR’s during F&W. So much good food at Epcot!!

1 Like

I know!! I’ve never done Food and Wine but I know there’s SOOOO much food (and wine) LOL. but I really wanted to try La Cellier. #DisneyFirstWorldProblems

2 Likes

The Le Cellier booth is one of the best! Save the restaurant for your next trip!!

2 Likes

I’m only going for 1.5 days so definitely no ADRs for me. I looked at that list and want to try everything on it. Probably not physically possible but I’m gonna try my hardest. Also, instead of ADRs - I’d pick a special dining event for an opportunity to sit down and relax.

1 Like

@DarthD - Exactly! I only got to eat at Tokyo Dining in Feb and I don’t know how many years it will be until I get back to WDW after this trip. We have 2 days at Epcot and I made ADRs for Via Napoli and the dessert party Wednesday and got the perfect 7:15 ADR at Rose & Crown for Thursday. Plus, I’m contemplating a pre-RD breakfast at Akershus just for fun.

I don’t want to be too full to enjoy F&W, but this is my chance to really see Epcot. I’m thinking I’ll eat sparingly at each and focus on trying things and the experience and not worry getting good value for my money. Just don’t tell my frugal Mennonite mother-in-law.