Food (and water) at V&A

Going to Victoria and Albert’s in a little over a week. Are there any must-tries to request? Also, we aren’t wine drinkers, so are there any must-try drinks (including recommendations for best water)?

1 Like

Oh this is a question for @bgk i’m tagging him so he’ll see it.

The menu is in constant flux, depending on availability of ingredients. In the main DR, you will be presented with a choice of 2 or 3 items for each course. DW and I ordered different items so we could sample each others’. The Chef’s Table menu is designed after an individual consultation; meals for each diner can be customized. In our group of 6 there were three with (different) food allergies/aversions and one vegetarian, and every course was beyond description. I DO drink wine, so I can’t comment on the water; it was bottled, but I couldn’t say what it was.

We’ll be there in 10 days. With the wine pairing is it a full glass with each course? We love good wine but that might be a bit much since we still have things to do after dinner. Also hoping they have a decent Scotch menu…

Wow! Our reservation is for the 18th at 5:45.

We’re same time on the 19th.

1 Like

It’s been about 14 years since I ate in the regular dining room, and if I remember correctly, I didn’t do the wine pairing there; I just ordered one or two glasses off of the menu. At the Chef’s Table I DID do the wine pairing; they were “technically” 4 oz pours (all “free-poured” tableside), but it was obvious that the servers were being quite generous. But with 11 courses, 8 of which had a paired wine, I felt that it wasplenty… :slight_smile:

You are going to love your meal! If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the vegetarian side of the menu? We got the “normal” menus to go home last night, but not the veggie.