Food Allergies- Universal Orlando

Heads-up: I emailed a designated food allergy email address at Universal and they emailed me back a 36 page allergen guide and a separate pdf of gluten-free fryers located on Universal property.

email: Food.Allergy@universalorlando.com

This should be helpful for anyone planning a trip that has food allergies they would like to prepare for.

Happy planning!

15 Likes

Thanks!

If there is any way you can post/attach that here it would be great.

1 Like

Allergen Book Guest 2022 (1).pdf (788.8 KB)
GF Fryers (1).pdf (88.9 KB)

Here you go!

12 Likes

This is so helpful. Thank you. We are there in a few weeks with a son with multiple allergies.

2 Likes

Ok - this is beyond awesome that they outright identify soy protein vs just “soy.” My son can not eat soy protein, but can tolerate soybean oil, soy lecithin, and soy flour in smaller amounts.

YAY to USO!!

6 Likes

As you’ve probably noticed, this listing applies to most quick-service restaurants. They told me in the email they sent me that all sit-down locations you’ll be given a consult with a manager/chef to to assure you receive a custom meal.

4 Likes

Yes. Thank you.
In our experience, we usually have much more efficient and confident meals in sit down places. Counter service can be a nightmare. It can take so long! This will take the edge off for sure!

2 Likes

This is great, but if you have multiple allergies or intolerances, you have to cross-check across pages. A matrix would be easier to read.

This is so helpful! Thank you for sharing. When DH and I were there a couple of years ago it was a nightmare for me to navigate, and the cast members were not helpful at all.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, this is great info! I think this is a good blog post topic and I’ll make sure to credit you for the work!

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Also, in the candy stores, there are binders that they have that let you see the ingredients for food allergies or dietary restrictions. It came in handy!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you so much! We’ll be at Universal in 21 days and this will be a huge help for my GF friend!

2 Likes

I have always been very careful about what I eat because of my food allergies. I have an allergy to certain nuts and dairy products, which can make it difficult to find foods that are safe for me to consume. However, I recently discovered that coconut milk powder is a great alternative to dairy milk and is safe for me to consume. I was able to purchase coconut milk powder bulk from a local health food store, which made it more affordable for me. I started using it in my morning coffee and found that it added a delicious creamy texture without any of the negative side effects of dairy milk.

2 Likes

Universal is now offering Vegan Butterbeer topping at Leaky and Broom.

2 Likes