FOMO last minute trip report

In response to a request on another thread (can’t remember which one): We have now been back a week and are all still healthy. I’ll plan to post the two week update here as well.

9 Likes

We are now at the two week mark since returning and we are all still healthy. Ironically, the day after we arrived to Disney, 7/26, my brother had been feeling a little tired but still went to my mom’s house for Sunday dinner. He thought he just had not slept well and the rest of us thought it might be his MS because he doesn’t go anywhere (so we thought). Over the ensuing days, he developed headache, lost his sense of smell and got some nasal congestion. He got tested for COVID on 7/29 and was positive. He is fully recovered at this point and interestingly (sadly) the contact tracers for our state did not call him until 8/8. Turns out he had started going to the gym again 1.5 weeks before he started having symptoms. I share this because, had we not been at WDW, we would have been at my mom’s house for Sunday dinner with my brother. So…by complete coincidence, being in WDW prevented us from a known positive exposure

19 Likes

I’m sure I’m missing something - but did you, your husband, and two kids each just bring a carry on for a 5 day trip? And that’s it?!!? I’m so confused (and insanely jealous of your packing skills!!!) Please teach me your ways :grin::clap:

2 Likes

Thanks! I was even impressed because I usually take full advantage of the Southwest checked bag policy (and the magical express luggage service). This time though it was just the one carry-on each and a fully stuffed back pack equalling the personal item for each…even fit their puddle jumpers! Used the stroller as a Sherpa.

1 Like

Because we fly stand-by, we always go carry-on only. It can be a challenge! But we are heading to the airport in about 30 minutes. Each of us has a roller bag and a backpack, for seven nights.

5 Likes

Hooray! I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to hear about your trip!

1 Like