FOMO last minute trip report

You have a future Disney Animator in the family. Your DD did a great job.

5 Likes

I fell off the fence. My son added me to his room in December. I would have had to quarantine for two weeks and not sure when I will have to go back to work in the office.

3 Likes

I gave up telling people to wear a mask. It is supposed to be mandatory in Pennsylvania when you leave your residence. I have heard a ton of excuses. I got disposable masks for my trip. I would love to get an N95 mask.

4 Likes

Well at least Mickey is waving goodbye as he walks/rides away.

2 Likes

I was thinking that we might buy N95 masks for the airplane if we end up going to WDW in August. I found this site that was advertised on a radio program that sells them.

https://thecleanphone.com/collections/all?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvIT5BRCqARIsAAwwD-QSOz8Y5T3kbEQOPSXqOgEXmcR-3pDjfSWUm76NoPi6CB-Z-AMvgVQaAtMyEALw_wcB

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking I’d really like to visit the parks with @srentmee’s DS3! I like his touring style. :laughing:

5 Likes

I love your DD’s dress. Where did you find it?

3 Likes

Day 5, Wed 7/29
Since I got caught up on this trip report last night, I tried doing live updates this morning but we all see how long that lasted. Anyway, picking up where I left off…at about 9:50 am, was 3 parties away from being assigned a row for SDD when DS3 needed to pee right then. So he and I rushed out of line and took care of this. I mentioned the circumstances to the cast member on the way to the bathroom and when we returned, he set up our magic bands and sent us through the fast pass line which is now just being used for rider swap (and DAS maybe). DH and DD completed their second ride about five minutes after we completed our first. The line had gotten (relatively) long at that point (40 minutes), so we all rode AS2 and then DD and I went to ride MMRR (45 minute wait) as we’d both wanted another crack at this. DS and DH rode AS2 again and then called it and got some ice cream. I wanted to get an adult size Sporky mask for my brother and looked around a couple different stores. They all had limited selection in design and sizes, but the limited selection varied from store to store. Caught the Disney Jr cavalcade on the way out.

Around 12:30, took Skyliner back to Pop, fed kids at food court, retrieved bag with pool stuff and clean/dry clothes from bell services and went to the pool. Played at pool for about 1.5 hours then changed and went to the kids TV area near front desk, got rest of bags from bell services and waited for tragical express. It was on time at 3:35 and we went straight to the airport.

Final thoughts:
This was my first time doing a trip report and I enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.
It was great to be back at Disney even with July heat and all the changes/limited offerings. The masks ended up being a non-issue and if my rotten 3 year old can do it so can anyone (except that one lady of course, because she is a way too special). Seriously though, compliance overall is excellent and the fact that Disney sets the expectation of total compliance with mask rules and the rules are actively enforced by any and all cast members, holds the overwhelming majority of guests to a higher standard of mask wearing behavior than I think many would hold themselves. Coming into Orlando, I thought that the mask wearing in the airports was pretty good, but as usual, arriving back at MCO from the bubble, snaps you back to reality pretty quickly. Mask compliance is still pretty good at the airports but there does not seem to be any active enforcement in the terminal for the people who don’t want to wear a mask.
I was kind of surprised to see a good number of senior citizens enjoying the parks.
Also, how is it that there aren’t any mosquitoes there?!
Like others have said, if this were my first trip or if we went rarely, I don’t know if I would want to go right now because in those circumstances, I tend to be in maximize mode. It was nice though to have no plans (except APRs) and not really have to use various strategies to do what “needed” to be done.We just let the kids call the shots and rolled with it knowing that we’ll be back.
In the end, it was just nice being there and seeing the Disney machine back in motion. For me: I did not look at my work email once in the last 5 days, did not obsessively check COVID stats or read any COVID news. To use the language of all the work wellness/anti burnout people: Battery recharged.
As for the kids and their “stay home day” requests: fountain :white_check_mark:, donut :white_check_mark:, playground (of sorts) :white_check_mark:

22 Likes

Re: how are there no mosquitoes?

They are all at FT. Wilderness… I’m still finding bites from out trip… :rofl:

Loved the trip report!

6 Likes

Goodwill Outlet

1 Like

Thanks so much for the great trip report, it was so helpful! I am glad you had a nice time and got a chance to escape all of the ongoing depressing and stressful news, at least for a while!

4 Likes

Thanks for the trip report! Glad you had a great time!

1 Like

Please be careful about saying that! I have heard people use that as fodder for how the government is trying to control us. They have to wear masks in their own backyard! The rule, I believe, is if you are going to be within 6 ft of someone outside your household in public. We will go to the park and just stay away from people if we do not have masks on. Obviously would be different in a city.

ETA: The 6ft rule applies to outdoors. Indoors masks must be worn.

3 Likes

You are a trooper!!!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Great report!

1 Like

Your backyard is part of your property. I wear one when I walk. I a a cancer survivor. I am not trying to take chances.

2 Likes

Congratulations (not sure if that is the right word) and thank you for being cautious. It helps everyone.

2 Likes

Various techniques…the most important of which is that Disney makes sure ALL water is constantly moving, even if it doesn’t look like it.

3 Likes

That’s great! I’d been wondering too - masks yes, sunsceen ok, but all of that and bug spray is a lot to deal with on kids daily!

1 Like

Oh, you are my enabler! For sure!

2 Likes