FOMO and MVMCP

^Also truth.

When we started talking about our 2019 WDW trip in 2018, I really wanted to go MVMCP. Once I researched what there is to do and how crowded it could be, I asked DH if we could go 2 nights since we are unlikely to return to WDW for the Christmas season.

So, we are going December 10th and 12th. Now, with overselling of the parties, I think it’s a good that we are going twice but cringe about the crowds and the money spent.

If you can, go and enjoy what you can and the included cookies!

The treats are mostly gross… but my kids ate them.

DONE! I just bought tickets.

3 Likes

My kids and I have an ongoing commentary about this. They will from time to time randomly say to me “but this is free or that is free” and I will come up with why it’s not free. We do agree that smiles and hugs and love are all free!!

3 Likes

Ehhh Nope. Nice sentiment, but if we wanna go down this road (which I tried to get us to avoid): At its absolute base, all 3 requires payment for upkeep of health(food, water, medicine, etc for all parties involved) in currency and/or physical effort, to be healthy and functional enough to produce said actions of hugs and smiles. You can’t smile if you don’t have the ability due to being too weak cause you haven’t eaten, because you haven’t put in the effort to get the food and also eat it. Then there’s the cost of whatever it was that had to die (Or live in the case of fruit) for you to eat.

As for love, which is an Emotion as opposed to an action, requires same requirements to allow actions to facilitate as well as… well, be alive. Example: a baby doesn’t love its parent if parent is not there. Often referred to as “putting in the work.” So parent has to be there, not be a monster, and produce something that said baby can consider lovable. If parent is there just sitting in a chair and never makes effort to interact, or never made effort to eat so too weak to interact, then baby won’t give 2 figs about parent.

Now, can we get off this, please?

2 Likes

ok ok very good points. Now I have more ammo when m kids say those things are free. :grinning:

You’re looking at this wrong - hugs and smiles are clearly free to the recipient, who is the important party in this transaction. You can be lying completely exhausted and immobile and yet still receive a hug or smile at no cost to you - unless you’re now going to complain about lost body heat or stolen air molecules.

Granted, if we consider entropy and thermodynamics nothing is free, though it is possible for the giver to assume all relevant cost here - that is sacrifice, and that is what love is. Clearly people love their loved ones even when they are doing nothing to promote it at the time - when they are just sitting there, or unconscious, and in many cases even after death. It does not require a cost to be extracted.

Do you need a hug? :blush:

1 Like

Fabulous.

I’m the queen of considering the ROI and you’ve hit on where I’m glad to make deposits whether or not I ever have something in return.

That’s exciting you decided to do the party! I shared your same concern. It’s our 1st time being there at the holidays. And TP rated the MVMCP we’re going to as the 2nd most crowded of the season. But the whole reason I scheduled the trip is to experience all the “holiday” Disney has to offer so we’re going in with excitement, reasonable expectations and a plan! :wink: I can report back and let you know what the 2nd most crowded party was like.

2 Likes

So glad you are going!

We went to our first ever MVMCP during our first ever trip during the holiday season on November 8th. It was the first ever party of the season and the first with Minnies Oh So Spectacular Fireworks Show (or whatever they called it). So, every blogger/vlogger and their brother were at the sold out party. And it POURED. Soak through your raincoat, squishy shoes, screw it let’s ride Splash again and again, Rainy Day Calvalcade, smokey fireworks can’t the the castle POURED.

And we still loved it.

One planning thought - EMH at DHS, back to hotel for lunch and rest, to GF for early dinner and decorations then monorail to MK for party? If you decide on dinner at MK I’d use the 5:10 CP ADR. Skipper at 6:10 you probably won’t get seated until at least 6:30. Then plan for at least an hour for dinner. Now you are eating into valuable party time. We ate there with a 6:15 ADR on an 8pm DAH night and didn’t get out until a few minutes after 8. And that was with us really rushing.

Thanks! It’s good to know your dinner took that long. I’ll plan accordingly.

I’m hoping I’ll find a Skipper ADR at 4:30-5:00. I haven’t been able to get GFC around then. I do have Skipper at 3:45, which is too early for even an early dinner in my books, but that might be the best plan out of my current options. We can refuel on chicken waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, and after that live off ice cream and cookies.

1 Like