Flower & Garden newbie

Okay technically I’m a newbie to all EP festivals. What do I need to know? What do I need to look out for? I feel like I don’t even know what I don’t know…

I’ll be there on a Monday l, April 6.

The Flower and Garden Festival is my favorite! I was there on opening day last year and wrote a blog post about the highlights. Here’s the link in case you’d like to take a look. :slight_smile: Have a wonderful time!

4 Likes

I think it really depends how much time you want to dedicate to the Festival. If you are just going to spend a little time in between rides on one day - well, you won’t need to plan much. But, if you want to enjoy the food, exhibits, etc the first thing I do (and just did) is order a Festival planning guide from Disney Food Blog. It is downloaded as a pdf to your device and will be updated as they get menus, etc from Disney. The food booths don’t open until 11am each and there are close to 100 food items to choose from. My DH and I usually eat lunch at Epcot each day before hopping to HS or MK. Sometimes we head back for dinner. The guide has a lot of good info about the demonstrations, concerts, etc and will tell you how and when to register for the special events.
One of the best tips I picked up was to start at the booths in WS (like Germany) because most people will start at the FW booths and work there way toward WS. Think of it as RD for food - lines will be shorter. :smile:

1 Like