Flight of Passage Fast Pass - How Hard is it?

Hi Disney friends,

Our November trip is quickly approaching and I am beginning to plan for our Fast Passes. We are planning to do Animal Kingdom on our second day, which would be our 61 day mark. How likely am I to score a Flight of Passage Fast Pass? I am just trying to have realistic expectations and would appreciate your honest feedback!

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Remember the Club Level guests have already grabbed most of them. It’s not impossible, but I would be flexible. Get your FoP FPP and then make a plan to fit it into that schedule. Don’t try to get a FoP FPP that will go into your already made plan.

1 Like

My FPP day was today. I got FOP for 4 at 60+5, no morning availability was left. A predicted crowd level day of 3. (Meanwhile, I couldn’t get FPP for SDD at all 60+4. CL5.)

Sorry to be discouraging. Ya never know. And it’s just one data point. There is a chart on this website you can check for FPP availability (smarter people than me can link to it).

Good luck!!!

2 Likes

If you got one, it would be late in the evening:

This is a good resource too:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

2 Likes
1 Like

How many are you in your party?

As others have mentioned, look for FOP first on your FPP day, grab any time listed, don’t focus too much on times. I also had luck getting same day FP at the 5:01 drop for 2 people while I was in the park recently. I wouldn’t count on the Same Day drops, but if you don’t get the FP on your FP day, definitely try for the drops!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

My fast pass day was Monday - we are only going for a three day trip so I knew I may have trouble with FP+ selections. I was not able to get FP+ for SDD or FOP (looking for party of 3). Even TOT I was only able to get on our last day at 6pm but we leave earlier than that. I was able to get 7DMT on day two so that was great.
Hopefully you will have better luck!

2 Likes

Welcome! Headliners are tricky, but you may have luck. If you don’t have park hoppers but can be flexible with your overall plan, you might want to move your Animal Kingdom day to later in your trip - particularly is FOP is a top priority (same goes for SDD).

The other alternative is doing rope drop. In January, we traveled with a little one so did not do a FP for FOP since she couldn’t ride. However, those who wanted to ride got to the park 1h15m before opening and we did the dash to be among the first rides of the day. During a drop later in the day, we were also lucky to snag passes for a second ride.

2 Likes

My FastPass day was today. I was looking for FOP on 60+4 and there were none available. Plenty of availability for Navi River, though. I didn’t look at other days for FOP (I have tickets for a Disney After Hours at Animal Kingdom, so the FastPass was just going to be a bonus). This is for mid-end-of-August, predicted overall CL 4 and CL 2 for AK that particular day.

SDD was similarly bad, if not worse. No availability on 60+3, and the earliest I could get on the other days I was looking for were 7 pm on 60+5 and 1 pm on 60+7.

3 Likes

Very, very unlikely, but not impossible. If you find one, it will most likely be in the evening.

1 Like

Our FP day was yesterday and there were no FOP at 60+2, not even for 1. I really wanted my husband to be able to ride. I checked again for our second AK day at 60+6 and there were some later in the day, but at that point he’ll be back at work and I’ll be with my two little kids so I couldn’t take it. :frowning:

Thanks! Good advice!

1 Like

60+5 and still only evening lefts? Yikes! Makes me so nervous! I have to keep telling myself there is a real chance we might not get it…and it will be ok! Haha! I haven’t convinced myself yet!

1 Like

This may be helpful too. If they aren’t taking new members right now, you can add tour name to the wait list. I have had some luck with them.

https://fp4me.com/User/SignIn

1 Like

yea when I saw they weren’t available at all on day 64, I swapped my ak to day 65. my fpp day is day before swge opens. Good luck though…you never know

1 Like

Thank you!

It is so crazy that fast passes are that hard to get for one ride. I wasn’t planning a second day at AK but if we cant get a FOP FP then we might just give it one more day! Fingers crossed. I hope its worth it!

1 Like

We have four in our party! I am going to hope for FOP but plan for a back up and then shoot to try another day later in our trip if we need to, since we have a few “non-park” days planned.

It’s because most guests want to ride FOP and there are not other Tier 1 FPs at AK with the same type of demand.