First Week of March Attire- If You're One of Those People Who Is Always Cold

This past weekend I finalized my outfits for the first week of March. I figured skorts during the day then for night throwing on a pair of leggings. Sweatshirt in the bag every day because evening temperatures will be chilly. Looking at pictures of Flower and Garden last year - people are bundled up with coats, and in some cases - gloves. Forecast is low 70’s with intermittent sunshine.
70 degrees up north is still chilly for me, but isn’t Florida 70 a warm 70? I was in Texas in December and low 70’s was beautiful. I fared ok in jeans/sweaters, but then again, I didn’t spend the entire day outside or near a lake. What’s in your bag - a coat? Really? :confused:

I was there a few years ago in early March and it was overcast most of the time with sprinkles on and off. I carried a packable rain jacket that I used several days.

1 Like

I reside in southwest Louisiana and some days with windy conditions and overcast humid days it can feel cooler than 70 on my skin! I’m your typical always cold person! DH and I went to WDW first week of October and I spent the mornings and evenings in shorts and a lightweight hoodie thing… I imagine evenings and early mornings will feel the same wet/cool conditions in March as well. DH, DS11, DS7 and I leave on the 19th for WDW; I will still haul around that jacket/hoodie with me every day. I may even wear workout leggings and longsleeve with it since the evenings/mornings are predicted in the mid 50s and that’s too cold for me… heck I may wear pants instead of leggings/shorts. I also liked having my lightweight jacket thing for eating indoors; even at home I haul a jacket out to restaurants… if the A/C is pumping indoors, it’s going to end up too cold for me! I will be packing pants, shorts, leggings, tshirts, sleeveless, and a couple lighweight jackets. My kids and DH will be in shorts and T’s and maybe a hoodie for DS7 who is cold like me usually… Best of Luck deciding! Also, keep watch on the forecast, it can change the day before you leave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends where you’re from, but generally March would be at the worst sweater-weather in the evenings and early mornings. Otherwise, you won’t need a coat or bundling up.

Of course I’m in NH and I’d be happy if it would get above 40 here so I could lose the jacket for once.

2 Likes

I was there last March and one day it was in the high 30s in the morning - I think that was unusual, though.

1 Like

Ouch! But it’s 36 where I am right now and I’m taking it like a champ. :upside_down_face:

The people in the pics in coats must have been Floridians. :laughing:

2 Likes

So you’re one of thooooooose people also? I take sweaters to restaurants and the movie theater.
Hubby and I took a trip in August. The high in our town that day was pushing 90. I had to buy a sweatshirt at the airport cause this silly girl forgot to put something warm in her carry on. And the last time I was on a plane I swore no matter how warm it was I would never again fly without a blanket.

1 Like

went in 2018 at beginning of march. we had a perfect pool day one day and i wore tshirts and capris. we are going again same time this year and i plan to pack pants and tshirts.

1 Like

So, funny story. Went to Universal in late February. It was a beautiful day. Perfect temp. Bright sun. Comfortable.

It was wonderful, until about 4:30, when the temperature dropped what felt like 50 degrees, and the artic wind kicked up, blowing down everything in its path.

I ended up shivering in new $60 Margaritaville hoodie, that didn’t stand up to the cold and that I’ve never worn again.

2 Likes

@TheSafetyLady I am exactly like you. I hate to be cold. I can tolerate being a little too warm much better. Last year in early March, some days were high of 70 but low of 40. I found it quite chilly in the mornings and the evenings. I wore jeans or yoga pants and a light fleece pullover or jacket a lot of the time. I tied the jackets around my waist if I got hot. (We go bagless.) I also had my very light weight packable down jacket which I wore a little when temps were 40-50’s. We did have a couple of days in the 80’s also, so it can really vary day-to-day.

1 Like

TOTALLY “one of those people”!!! i keep a light fleece jacket and a throw in my car! I much prefer the sauna of summer! i’m nearly impossible to warm up once the cold has settled in!

1 Like

I bring a light sweater even when it’s hot because indoors the AC is always on high.

1 Like