First week of March 2020

I am planning a trip with my son March 1-7 to celebrate my retirement!! Crowd calendar now predicts 7/10 first of week and then goes down to 5/10 later in the week. We have 5 day park hopper passes and plan to go Monday the 2nd thru Friday the 6th to the parks. I saw where the new Mickey/Minnie Runaway train will be opening in HS on March 4. Do you think this will affect the crowds at all? Also has anyone gone around this time in the past and could tell me what kinds of crowds to expect? I was hoping this would be before most of the spring break crowds.

IMHO - I don’t think it will affect crowds like SWGE did. Even “non-Disney fans” know about SWGE and have booked trips. This may increase attendance in DHS slightly, but I wouldn’t worry about it.

This is a pretty good week to go, if you have to go in March. It only gets super busy in this week when Mardi Gras occurs at the same time. (which it doesn’t in 2020)

We went last year 3/3-3/8 and are going again this year 3/4-3/11. I thought it was moderately busy last year. We didn’t have great weather either. Kinda chilly. I agree about Ash Wednesday as it was 3/6 and there seemed to be a lot of people from Louisiana there! The first day of Flower and Garden was 3/6 and Epcot was CRAZY busy that day. Just miserable. I would avoid F&G on the first day, which is 3/4 this year.