First week of Feb 2019

I’ve been planning a trip in the first week of February 2019 because many other sites like undercover tourist claim that mid-Jan thru the first week of Feb are traditionally some of the least crowded times. However, TP is estimating 9/10 crowds on multiple days between 2/2/19 and 2/9/19.

Anyone have any experience or input regarding crowds during this time frame?

2 Likes

I don’t have any input, but I’m also curious about this, as we are looking at 2/19-2/23, and while it is the week of President’s Day, 9s and 10s all day seem a little higher, where I was thinking it would be mostly 7s and an occasional 8.

1 Like

we are planning Feb 2-9, and so confused about predicted crowd levels. Touring Plans has changed the CL significantly for that week (much lower), but looking back at last year’s actual CL - I’m not sure what to expect!

1 Like

With the update that came thru yesterday 2/2 is the busiest with a CL- 6. All other days for that time period are less with the 6th and 7th being a CL-2.

1 Like

I know…the CL’s are way down now for the first week of February…but compared to last year’s actual numbers, I’m realizing that I have no clue as to what to expect!

1 Like

Something very strange is happening to the CL for Feb 2019. For Valentine’s it says CL 1 and only a 6 for President’s Day. I’m pretty sure President’s Day/week is the second busiest time of the year… Despite that I’m trying to convince myself to go with our friends that week (19-23) but I’m pretty sure it’ll be 10’s all around. Anyone remember how bad it is? Anybody know how crazy it is the following week (26-Mar 2)?

1 Like

My 1st trip was AOA Cars suite 2/7-2/13 2016 & 2nd trip was POP 2/23-3/3 2018 (refurb room).

In 2016 we were there during Mardi Gras week and multiple days truned into level 10 but we accomplished everything on our plans. Mardi Gras will not be until March 5 2019 so you won’t have those crowds.

President’s Day week leading up to the Princess Marathon is always busy. The Northest states have that week off of school. The best thing for your plan is arrive early to beat the crowds and once your plan goes off course you will need to optimize in the park.

This year we arrived right before Marathon weekend. We headed to HS on Saurday and DS on Sunday to avoid any trouble with the marathon. Those who did go to the parks suggest to use Disney transportation because they know the detours because of the marathon.

2 Likes