First Week of December 2022

After returning from WDW 10 days ago, I am of course planning our next trip. Pulling the kids out of school for a few days worked fine, so we are now thinking of heading back during the first week of December in 2022. I’m hoping this will be cooler and less crowded than Columbus Day week/weekend was. Any thoughts on that timing?

I’m also planning to switch to fewer days/parks over the course of the week. Six days in a row was just too much, especially with Boo Bash one night.

As someone that is planning an early December 2022 trip I will admit I am expecting crowds. It is one of the most desirable times for all DVC owners and it will still be “the 50th”.

1 Like

I like to go that first week of December because crowds are typically lower. I even have a trip planned in Dec. 2022 for Disneyland.

However, I’m expecting much larger crowds in Dec. 2022 though. A lot of people are still delaying trips from back in 2020. IMHO - By Fall 2022 people will either have made managing COVID a part of daily life or travel will be safer. You’ll see more people back in theme parks. My guess is it will possibly be back to pre-COVID levels after next summer. (Again…I’m only guessing / hoping / predicting travel gets better for all)

1 Like

Since Thanksgiving is so early in 2022 I’m not sure how the crowds are going to be that first week of December. I know I’m struggling to figure out my dates because of it.

1 Like

We plan to be there the week of Dec. 5, 2022. Historically, it is a fairly low crowd level time. But as said above with it being the end of the 50th and hopefully the end of COVID, crowds might be a bit higher. I will guess it will still be the lowest crowds during the Festival of the Holidays. Not a lot of parents will want to take their kids out if school that close to their official holiday break.

1 Like

We’ve done family trips many times in December the week before black out dates start for some APs and right before military salute tickets expire. And I don’t remember the crowds being particularly heavy that week.

1 Like

That’s what I am hoping! This will give us a chance to be there for Christmas and avoid the Christmas-New Year’s week.

Thanks for all of the input. I think it’s officially the plan.

I’m doing my first solo trip that week also (Dec 1-5) and am crossing my fingers for lowish crowds and mild weather. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I don’t want to jinx it for you but there are usually milder/lower temps at that time of year

2 Likes

In 2020, days were in the 70s, and evenings/mornings chilly. A jacket and/or long sleeves proved prudent. It was wonderful, actually. (And the colder times was a good excuse for my wife and I to snuggle a little closer in the parks, which was a definite plus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My #1 criterion for when to visit WDW/UOR is weather. My #2 is crowd levels.

1 Like