First trip with Genie 🧞‍♀️

Booked a quick no kids trip for 1/31 through 2/3. Pop Century hotel. I didn’t even take pics of the room, a first for me, because other than one picture of Mickey above the bed there was nothing special to note. :frowning:

Got up and ready to book the Lightening Lane for Snow White at 7, managed to snag a 2pm return. It’s an odd process, as it first shows an opening at, say 10, but when you pick that and go to the next screen the time has changed to 11 and by the time you actually pay, your return time is 2. Definitely have to have flexibility with LL. I think it cost $16 for dh and myself. We arrived right on time and had a less than 10 minute wait. I can’t really say it was worth it when FP was free and had similar results.

One neat thing about Genie is the adorable lenses. I played with those all day. Then learned they are available to passholders anyway :woman_facepalming:

We rope dropped Peter Pan, walked onto Haunted Mansion, and happened on the first run of the steamboat. It was a gorgeous morning for pictures.

24 Likes

Wow look at that sky! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

We had a :woman_genie: pass for Pirates so we headed over and I had my favorite snack, a Dole Whip Float. I had the 50th anniversary edition with lime soft serve and a chocolate feather. Even though it was barely 50 degrees outside it still was awesome.

Lunch was at Cosmic Rays while waiting on a Buzz Lightyear :woman_genie:.

We walked on to COP and had a 30 minute wait for People Mover, where we saw the Tron construction progress.

On the way out of the park for a rest we caught a very short “parade.”

12 Likes

'After a rest at the hotel we took the skyliner to Epcot, mainly for dinner and drinks.

I loved the Deconstructed Dish at last year’s FOTA and it was just as delicious this time around. Hubby tried several draft beers at various kiosks and I scored a Mickey popcorn bucket.

We actually lucked out and got to watch the SpaceX rocket launch and then caught the broadway show at American Theater. It was awesome and funny when one of the performers commented on all the fancy Epcot foods while hubby and I are noshing on pretzel and hotdogs lol. We didn’t go on one ride and still had a lovely night.

9 Likes

Now is when the trip gets dicey. We have never been on ROR and figured now that we can buy our way on we were finally set! Well, I got on :woman_genie: right at 7am and made it to the pay screen and the site locked up. Had to actually do a hard reset of my phone. So when I try again there are no LL left for ROR. We were super bummed and didn’t even want to go to HS anymore. Well I tried to change our park reservation to AK but since I had tried (and failed miserably) to book a LL at HS the app wouldn’t let me out of our reservation. So we sucked it up and hit Pop’s food court for breakfast.

They were very generous with the eggs. Just for kicks I tried for a ROR LL again and actually got one for 4pm. For 30 freaking dollars. But hey, we were finally getting on this ride! Off to rope drop Mickey Minnie railway!

It was awesome as always. We headed over to Star Wars land so dh could get a light saber and we could get some cool photos.

On the way out to Toy Story land dh happened to check his phone and saw that he had gotten a text earlier that morning. His best friend who happens to be my brother was in the ER with shortness of breath. By the time we got a hold of my sil we learned they found blood clots on both lungs and he was being admitted. Of course I broke down, and after about 2 seconds of debate we headed back to the hotel to pack up and start the 7 hour drive home. On the way out I grabbed a droid popcorn bucket, iced coffee and a tea. Don’t judge, it’s how I cope.

Dh took this pic of me loaded down with my goodies to send to my brother to keep his spirits up. We walked into the hospital waiting room right as he had been taken back for his procedure and were so relieved to be there and know he made it through great and even got discharged the next day. We don’t regret leaving after only one day at all and still feel like it was an awesome trip.

9 Likes

Glad to hear your brother is okay.
Sorry the trip was cut short abruptly

3 Likes

Wow so sorry about your brother but wonderful to hear that he is ok!!
You will have to go back soon and go on ROR!

2 Likes

As Someone who regularly has to hard reset my phone to get Google Maps GPS to work (and I live in a new city) I feel that pain.

I’m so sorry about your brother. We would have left, too, I’m sure. I’m glad you got home and could see him. :heart:

1 Like