First Timer Must See/Do/Eat List

Going on my first WDW trip this year (October). What’s your recommendation for a must see/do/eat attraction/activity/eatery? Hopefully we’ll be back again, but want to hit the most important highlights if this ends up being the only trip out there. Thank you in advance!

Are you stay on property? Any likes or dislikes with food? Will you have any kiddos in tow? :smile:

Offsite (borrowing a timeshare), no kiddos (honeymoon!), and lover of all foods equally :slight_smile:

Congrats on you upcoming honeymoon. Oct is a great time of year to visit WDW. Make sure you hit Food and Wine in Epcot and consider the Halloween party in the MK. Here are just some of the many, many highlights.

DHS: Toy Story, Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours. Fantasmic is a show. 50’s Prime Time for a meal. Carrot cake cookie is your snack.

MK: Space, Splash, Big Thunder, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Pirates, Haunted Mansion. Electrical Parade, Celebrate The Magic, Wishes for shows. Columbia Harber House and Be Our Guest for meals. Dole whip float is your snack.

EP: Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Living w the Land. Illuminations is a show. Food options are a-plenty here: love Via Napoli, Rose and Crown, Les Cellier. Karamell- Kuche is your snack spot. Cronut is yummy too.

DAK: Sarari, Everest, Kali, Dinosaur. Lion King, Nemo, Flights are your shows. Flame Tree, Yak and Yeti are your meals.

Outside the parks: Beaches and Cream for icecream and/or a meal. Jiko/Sanaa/Boma, Cali Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, etc, etcetera.

3 Likes

I agree with what is above. I would plan a whole day at EP without any dining reservations…if you are a foodie, it’s super fun to try to get one or two things from each food booth (you get a passport where you can check stuff off.)

I like the plan but would never miss Philharmagic in MK and I would switch out a Starring Roils cupcake instead of the cookie.

1 Like

Sorry just realized Karamell- Kuche from EP!

Congrats on your pending marriage!

Youtube is a great way to do some research in addition to chat and the forums here. The DIS unplug has a great podcast and you can get the latest DIS news. I also like the Disney food blog for catching up on the last food crazy in the parks. This is a link to quick tips for a Dis honeymoon Disney World Honeymoon Tips - Disney Tourist Blog

Food and Wine is a great idea. It is on my bucket list : ) EP has some of the best food options in the parks. You could do a whole day of snacking. DIS unplugged just did a feature on it.

Dont know how many days you have dedicated for the parks but I do recommend the park hopper option for the flexibility of hopping between parks. Especially if you want to tour in MK and then have dinner at EP. However staying off site you might prefer to just do one park each day.

When you arrive to MK, got to Town Hall and pick up your free button. CM will have one for first time visitors and for those celebrating special occasions. You can wear it for the length of your visit and share with the world that you are a newbie and newly weds :slight_smile: You will find that the CMs and strangers will will interact with you. It is fun!
If you want to knock it up a notch, consider getting the bride and groom mickey ears!

Downtown Disney is a bit of a mess right now with construction. If you are looking for something extra to do outside of the parks put it on your list of things to do. You might want to put it lower on your list until all the construction is over. If you plan to go there you might want to avoid parking there by using Dis transportation. Raglan Road is an Irish Pub in DTD and it gets tons of positive reviews for the food, drinks, and entertainment. If you want to go bowling Splitsville is also a fun place to hit. There is also some good shopping. Once the construction is done I know DTD will be awesome.

AKL and the GF would be worth a trip for a visit. Saana for lunch is awesome at AKL. You can watch the animals graze right outside the window. How often can you say you dinned with giraffes? They have an app that is referred to as Bread Service. It is house made Naan (flat bread) with various dipping sauces. Mmmm.

The GF is just fun to walk around. It is a quick boat ride from the MK or you can ride the monorail. The Basin White has tons of great smelling soaps and body care products that you can test. Plus the grounds are well manicured. There are lots of Disney touch in the architecture (just remember to look down at the floors). It would be very nice for strolling as newly weds. The shopping here is a little higher in here too.

Snacks:
The dole whip is very icon. It is soft serve sorbet. You have the option of orange, pineapple, or vanilla. I like the orange and pineapple. You will find that in MK. I get one every trip. It is served as a float also with pineapple juice but just not my thing. In EP hit Germany for some caramel popcorn. It is delicious.

Be our Guest is also worth a trip for lunch in the MK. It is qs at lunch and ts at dinner. I have only gone for lunch. There is a link to the semiofficial fast pass for this QS restaurant. It is not very old and very popular with guests. The line to get in could be long.

the best resource I’ve ever found, since first visiting disney early 80’s is unofficial guide. been reading it for each trip, usually each year, since then.

disney is so huge and diverse today, that it offers so many fun choices, so that your faves might be a lot different than mine or my fam’s. just this last week I was surprised to see my now adult son and fam more interested in riding more coasters, than seeing electrical parade (first time for the littles).

the fun for me in planning is to see what I would like, and to include what rest of fam likes within the plan. just the restaurants alone offer so many choices, from ok to pretty good counter food to fancy schmancy signature level table service.

have a wonderful disney honeymoon trip.