Got back on Friday after a 4-night Caribbean cruise. This was my first ever cruise, so went in with eyes wide open. We had a great time. Sorta (kiddingly) mad at my wife. I wanted to do a 7-nighter but she talked me out of it because she was worried I would get bored or antsy on the boat, so we did the 4-nighter. Wished we had done the 7-nighter!
Here are some bullet thoughts:
– Food was much better than I anticipated. Loved the rotational dining and the menus each night. We didn’t splurge for Remy or Palo, but may on our next cruise.
– DS6 loved the Oceaneer Club and Lab and we had to almost drag him out each time. DS10 wasn’t as impressed and thought it was crowded in there. He was disappointed that the basketball court was only open until 6 pm each evening.
– All the shows were really good. Caught the end of Golden Mickeys, a comedian/magician and Beauty and the Beast.
– Castaway Cay was very nice. The food there was a bit disappointing, and I was very disappointed in the snorkeling. Water wasn’t very deep and the few fish that were out there were not super colorful and were hard to spot. But it served the purpose of teaching DS10 how to snorkel for a hopefully future trip to St. Thomas or somewhere with better snorkeling.
– Was pleasantly surprised with the cost of alcohol. They didn’t gouge you as much as I thought they would. And drinks were sufficiently strong and not watered down.
– Took us awhile to figure out how to turn lights on in the cabin. That was funny. Didn’t know you had to leave the room card in there at first.
– Wish there was at least 1-2 more electrical outlets for charging phones at night.
All in all, was a great trip, albeit a bit short. Already looking at another one for next year. Wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise in the summer, but man those prices are high. We spent about $6400 for the four nighter last week and saw a 7-nighter that would have been about $8k. The Alaskan ones I saw for a comparable room were closer to $11k! I can afford it, but not sure I want to spend that much for the cruise, when I’d have flights and other expenses on top of that. May do another spring break trip next year instead.