First time at UOR after 15 years of only WDW

We wanted to stay at CB because of the lazy river, but I never had a chance to enjoy. Thought I would least walk around.

12 Likes

Asked DH to drop me off at City Walk - looking for a VC T-shirt

Didn’t like any of them.

8 Likes

Taking a look at other resorts. Hard rock is gorgeous. I want to stay there next time

Wait, is that Taylor? :star_struck:

12 Likes

I think that one is Portofino (?). Looks very nice

11 Likes

We heard Saphire is really good for families, but it doesn’t look very interesting from outside. Zero curb appeal.

9 Likes

At this point it’s only 3 pm and out flight is at 9:30. I am begging DH to take us to DS for a proper goodbye. I will finish my TR here

Goodbye UOR, farewell Velocicoaster :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to go back and review your days, we appreciate it!

Great to hear you may visit again!

6 Likes

Definitely! I have never been to Disneyland though and I feel it’s time. How is Universal in LA?

4 Likes

I do not know

2 Likes

Universal Hollywood is much smaller and even more screen rides. But I haven’t been since there HP area was being built.

Disneyland on the other hand is home :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

This is helpful. Thank you

1 Like

To clarify I guess it isn’t more screens just the same ones but without the coasters to balance it out. They did still have the studio tour there when I last went that is fun. And their Nintendo area opens soon (or already did maybe)

4 Likes

I meant that sarcastically. Like what do you mean there are screens? It felt like I was really in outer space with the Guardians. :heart:

3 Likes

This is so me.
I picked our rental property based on it having a big water park.
Which we never used.

3 Likes

I much prefer the slide pool.

I feel like the Fearless river at VB has forever spoiled me for lazy rivers. They’re not half as much fun!!

8 Likes

The Harry Potter area in LA is quite small. I prefer UOR to Universal Hollywood. But Disneyland is worth the trip!

6 Likes

Agreed. Though I do overall favor WDW and put it at the end of my trips to end on a high note, there are some really special, amazing areas and rides at UOR that rival the best of Disney - Velocicoaster, Hagrid’s, Hogwart’s Express, Gringotts, and the entire HP and JP areas.

I’m not a huge fan of the other lands in UOR, primarily due to motion sickness, but also because things like Dudley seem so cheaply made with very little detail. It feels like a local amusement park in those areas, which can be a jarring change from the immersive lands.

Volcano Bay is way better than Disney’s water parks, IMO. Epic Universe will be a must do for us when it opens. Overall, I’m glad both Disney and UOR exist. They push each other and drive innovation and quality.

9 Likes

So true. :clap:

4 Likes

Gorgeous pics! I can’t wait to see that blue sky next week, and Hard Rock Hotel the week after.

6 Likes

The fearless river is brilliant!

3 Likes