First DL Trip for those WDW Regulars - A Not So Scary Trip Report!

Walking into Soarin now. This queue is way cooler than Epcot, but I work for an airport so of course I would think that

7 Likes

Went and played in Beasts Library for a bit.

6 Likes

Lunch at Pym was good. Unlike some other reviews I’ve seen. We actually liked the PB, J, and bacon sandwich. Also had the PB proton punch and the pymini sandwich. All good.

4 Likes

As we sat eating our Fruity Pebble Churro and Cozy Cone Macron, we saw someone drive by :wink:

8 Likes

Saw Daisy duck on the way out of DCA and managed a people free photo of the statue.

Park hopped at about 1:30 and walked right up to the DL turnstiles. We saw Mr. Lincoln show with an entryway dedicated to Muppets Haunted Mansion.

Now, waiting in a brief line for Star Tours.

Oh, and found my daughter a replacement lunchbag for school. She’s excited!

9 Likes

We walked through Fantasyland (crazy!!!) and SWGE (much less people). It felt better being more familiar when we reached SWGE as everything is exactly the same as HS.

Rode Winnie the Pooh and now getting on the train in New Orleans station. These lines are INSANE!!!

5 Likes

This is the line for HM, from the train platform.

5 Likes

Getting ready to start our second lap on the train and loving it!

6 Likes

Loving the pictures. It sounds like you are having a great time.

Well, we finally exited the train. We’re pretty sure conductor Grant thought we were never getting off. He smirked a little when we finally did at main street. Walked through Main St shops and are now in line for Tropical Hideaway for some dinner snacks. No mobile order here today though, so traditional line will have to do.

3 Likes

Pork lumpia, banana jackfruit lumpia, lime chicken bao, and pb&j mochi…oh my!

8 Likes

I completely agree about the Soarin’ queue!

The Dia de Los Muertos display for Doc Hudson is so cool. I love how that holiday is incorporated into several areas of the parks.

4 Likes

How do you like the banana and jackfruit lumpia? I was not a fan. It used to be pineapple which I loved.

2 Likes

I know the haunted mansion wait is insane, but you have to ride it once!

5 Likes

We didn’t like it either. We have the pineapple one in Pandora at AK all the time and love it, but it has cream cheese in it. This one had a dry and chewy filling, which we didn’t expect from something with banana.

The pork lumpias were amazing though!

1 Like

Oh, we definitely will ride it eventually. Hoping to ride almost everything once.

3 Likes

We decided to check out of the park at 5:30 pm. We were hoping to return later tonight if things loosened up a bit but I’m watching wait times and that just isn’t happening. According to the wait times I’m seeing, not much has changed in the past 3 hours.

We never had very high expectations for today, knowing how busy it would be (crowd calendar said 9 and 10). But it was just overwhelming how many people were there by the time we left. We went to WDW last year several times under capacity restrictions, and normally only travel to the parks in the “slower” periods, so that many people is hard to absorb with the luxury we had this past year. DL definitely feels like a different beast and we are feeling that tonight.

According to TP, the next 3 days of our trip should be much better so we’re just calling it a night.

Until tomorrow…

7 Likes

7:45 RD crowd not as bad as yesterday’s.

6 Likes

8 min left…getting deeper

3 Likes

3 mi left…

3 Likes