First DL Trip for those WDW Regulars - A Not So Scary Trip Report!

The countdown is over and we finally made it! My sister and I, regulars at WDW, are taking our first trip to DL! We will be there from tonight through Wed with four park days, hopper tickets, and tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash for Halloween night. That last one took almost the entire first day of sales to secure, but my sister was a trooper and stayed up til 1 am to get them.

We’re not staying onsite this time…decided to try Camelot Inns & Suites on Harbor Blvd. It’s only a 4 min walk, so feeling good about that. Nothing wrong with a little nostalgia to go with the most nostalgic park in the country.

Luckily, our Southwest flight is here, we’re on the plane, and ready to hit Phoenix on our way to Santa Ana. Let’s go. We’re coming home, Mickey!

18 Likes

I am looking forward to following along. I am a WDW regular and a (basically) first timer to DL in just 20 days!

Can’t wait to see how the newbies rock it!

6 Likes

Yay for a Disneyland trip! Hope you have so much fun!

4 Likes

Have a blast! I’m metaphorically waving at Sky Harbor out my window as you fly through!

5 Likes

Have so much fun!! I’m going in February!!

3 Likes

Have fun and let us know what you think of Camelot. I’m booked there for a December trip.

2 Likes

I just stayed at Camelot this past weekend and overall was pleased with it.

4 Likes

Have so much fun! We may just go to DL in Oct 2022 as first timers when we go out to CA for a wedding. I can’t wait to read your report and hear your thoughts.

4 Likes

Were you there Friday? Missed Liner meet opportunity! :flushed: :cry:
(I was at the parks that day.)

3 Likes

We got in late Friday night (about 9:30 pm). We were not in the parks until Saturday. So close! Hopefully next time! I will be back in November, June and possibly July.

3 Likes

I will be there November 7-10 and 19. Just in case!

3 Likes

Dang! We will just miss each other again. I will be there Nov 21, 22, and 23.

2 Likes

I followed your trip report a while back and took some extensive notes. Thanks for that!

1 Like

We will definitely be leaving our opinion of Camelot on here. Researching this one wasn’t easyso crossing my fingers.

1 Like

That is so good to hear!

Here is my review of Camelot. I know I forgot things, so as I think of them, I will add. If you have any questions, ask away!

2 Likes

I arrive tomorrow, from Phoenix, and leave Wednesday. Will also be doing the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween night.

3 Likes

Looking forward to following along. We too are a WDW family, and decided to go to DL in April.

2 Likes

We could always try a liner meet. :wink:

1 Like

Made it to CA…finally! Wow, that cross-country flight is rough. Lyft took a little while, but he’s a quick driver so not complaining. First up, go find dinner in Downtown Disney. After checking in to the hotel first, of course.

3 Likes