Fireworks pontoon cruise

I’m wondering if anyone could offer some feedback on renting a pontoon boat to watch either the fireworks at Epcot or MK. We are going for Easter and I’m thinking of surprising my family by booking a cruise for our first night when we don’t have park tickets or on Saturday when the crowd levels seem the highest (if they are still available!). Has anyone done this recently? Which fireworks do you think would be best to do this for? We haven’t been since summer of 2016 so both shows are new to us.

I don’t think that viewing HEA from a boat would be a good idea if you have never seen the show. We did a pontoon boat a few years ago when it was Wishes and it was amazing, but HEA has a lot of projections on the castle and you would miss that on a boat. Now if you planned to see HEA inside the park one day and then on the boat another day that might work. I’ve never done a pontoon for an Epcot nighttime show, but I think it would be awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! Any tips for seeing HEA in the park?

I think this map provides good suggestions about where to view HEA–there are fewer good locations than there were for Wishes because of the projections involved.

But I don’t agree with the yellow area behind the castle–great for the fireworks but not for the projections.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

My wife and I did the pontoon firework cruise at EPCOT a few years ago for her birthday. I really enjoyed the experience and the viewing location was amazing. The boat left from The Yacht Club marina and took a cruise toward Hollywood Studios before heading back to viewing area. The guide was great providing some Disney facts and good conversation.
They park just past the bridge that connects France and England just in the World Showcase Lagoon. Snacks, soda, and water were provided, but you can also pre-order wine, beer, and some other snacks.

After staying at the Grand Floridian last year and watching the pontoon boats from our rooms, it seems you would a lot closer to the fireworks on the EPCOT cruise.

Overall, I loved the experience and I’m looking forward to doing it again when we do a large family trip.

2 Likes

Thank you! we booked the Epcot fireworks cruise for one of our nights. So excited to surprise the kids!

2 Likes

That will be really exciting, I surprised my wife with it to, and she loved it.

Make sure your kids load up on the snacks when you leave. Our driver made sure we took a lot back to our room.

2 Likes