Fingerprint scans return...question for the nail biters lol

I’m far from a germaphob but I how ppl pick their noses and then touch things. It’s gross. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

That’s actually the least disgusting thing I can think of but it’s better not to think about it. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, let’s paint a picture…. Shall we :rofl::smirk:

2 Likes

I don’t touch handrails, doorknobs, light switches, etc. outside my home without having a paper towel as a barrier. That was the case long before COVID existed. And let me tell you, the people I am around think I’m crazy. )Less so now because of Covid.)
My coworkers used to tease me. Now, I tease them. :joy: I go out of my way to avoid touching things. (Hate it when people hand me their cell phone to show me something.) :grimacing: Rarely shake hands, unless it’s work related and I can’t get out of it. I wear gloves to pump gas. My Disney routine - wash hands after every ride. If I can’t make it to the restroom straight away - it’s hand sanitizer as a buffer and restroom ASAP. All before COVID existed. I might be full on crazy, but I also don’t get colds/flu. I attribute it to the habits listed above.
That’s what I tell myself to justify this disorder.:blush:
I freak my husband out because I won’t hold on to handrails and he says I’m going to hurt myself one day.

4 Likes

Sure, there are exceptions. Had to hold on when crossing the foot bridge on Wild Africa Trek tour at AK. But there’s a lovely bathroom in the middle of the savana.

3 Likes

Ok, so I’ve now learned (re-confirmed?) that many of you are nuts just not in the “pick at your cuticles” variety of nuts. :joy:

I guess I’ll report back for the (i assume!) large contingent of nail picking lurkers out there when i go next month about whether it can read my finger or not, lol.

3 Likes

A nasty custom that needs to go away!

My DH gives me his arm or shoulder so I can avoid touching them :wink:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing:

Oh my, I’m the same way! :joy: I wash my hands a lot!

Agree! I also hate it when someone tries to touch my phone. Eew!

3 Likes

:+1:

When our youngest granddaughter was growing up I’d visit twice a year, usually traveling solo on Amtrak, because DH thought work was a priority and because I’m a train nut.

When first boarding, I’d wipe down all surfaces around my seat. I’d wear gloves when moving about the train. Never got sick.

I’m not as particular when not traveling because I’m rarely really sick and I’m at home - comfort zone. It’s difficult being sick while traveling.

1 Like