Final countdown - Packing

Exactly!! Although @DumboRunner is a rather fantastic minimalist packer. She can travel overseas with a carryon only.

2 Likes

You’re making me blush.

2 Likes

ah, yes, but it is an inverted curve. no time, very little packed and not enough think-thru. medium time, lots of time to over-think, too much stuff. optimal lots of time, think-of-everything, then-downsize-to-optimize. Its proven science. :innocent:

3 Likes

That was on purpose!!!

1 Like

I’m definitely within limits! My “big” stroller is really just a standard stroller. It feels big to us because we often use the tiny umbrella ones. And because we are usually minimalist packers it feels huge!

Actually, I did a very scientific study and crunched some numbers in the last 5 minutes that showed this.
56%20PM

4 Likes

I like it. It seems like a well designed scientific study.

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:***virtual high-five***

1 Like

Thank you! See @DumboRunner, I have validation from a reputable source.

1 Like

Yes, a random Disney fan on the internet is a reputable source.:joy:

2 Likes

We’ve always packed minimally for the park because we’re going back to our resort after lunch. Even with a kid in diapers we never brought a diaper bag. Couple of zip loc bags - one with a change of clothes and one with a diaper and a small pack of wipes. We never traveled with an infant or a kid on formula either.

For first aid I’ve usually got a bandaid in a pocket. Anything else, we go to first aid. They’re nice there. So quiet . . .

I carry a really small disposable water bottle that fits in a pocket. I fill it at water fountains.

We did tend to bring ponchos or light jackets more when we had a stroller. Those strollers really spoil a person.

Hmm. I’ve lately been using a cane at WDW. I wonder if I can attach a poncho to that?

I couldn’t say it better myself :wink:

1 Like

No. You actually need none of those things. We’ve never even thought about bringing a cooler. A couple of bandaids and that’s about it. We didn’t even bring a change of clothes for the kid so when too many grapes over a couple of days exploded out her bottom end, both she and I got new outfits.

The only thing I recommend is that you have a system/plan for folding the big stroller when the bus comes. It has to latch closed. DH and I had a fast well-choreographed routine where I took the baby and all the things from underneath (because it does not close with crap underneath) and he quick folded it up. Some people get really stressed out trying to fold it under the pressure of a line waiting to board the bus behind you, parents get snippy with each other. It can get ugly.

I am most likely not going to pack in changes of clothes either! And after reading all of these comments I am starting to develop a strategy of:

Backpack with absolute necessities, to be carted in the stroller most of the time.
Souvenirs either sent back to room or hanging out with son in stroller.

Then at bus time backpack goes on, stroller folds up and we’re done. I am for sure not taking a cooler, bubbles, or anything else after reading all of these comments!

1 Like

I would say little to no souviners. BUT, when my daughter was that age I got her a elza frozen light up wand. We still have it today and she still plays with it, and she’s 5. So I’d opt for one value thing rather than lots of stuff!
For her I bring- kids ibuprofen, A few packs of travel wipes, toothpaste/brush, a thermos water bottle (TIP, pack your water bottles with small stuff in your suitcase!) a hat, her light nylon raincoat (not needed for a toddler though!) and a hairbrush. We use toiletries at the resort and first aid has plenty of other things.

Bring half of what you think you need for clothes, and do laundry!

1 Like