Festival of Fantasy Parade Viewing

I have 2 li’l ones under the age of 6 and both LOVE watching the youtube videos of the Festival of Fantasy parade. This will be our very first trip to Disney.

Where is a good spot to watch the parade?

If we are sitting on the sidelines of somewhere, what is a good time to get there before the 3pm parade starts?

Is there a restaurant that has good parade views? Or is it better to be as “up close and personal” as possible?

I like being up close for sure! Not much chance of seeing anything if you aren’t right up front, especially if you’re a little kid. :slight_smile: Maybe consider getting a fastpass for the parade? Or grab a spot in frontierland which we usually find a little more empty than Main Street. :slight_smile: Also I would get there at least 30 minutes before start time! Have the most magical trip ever!

Following this. I was actually thinking about eating at Casey’s corner and watching from there. But not sure if that’s a good spot - if anyone can chime in on that, I’d appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Frontierland is good. So is Liberty Square. In January we basically walked right up to a spot near where the DVC kiosk is and had a great view. I’m sure it’s quite different this time of year of course.

Haha!! We think somewhat alike! I was thinking of having lunch at Tony’s (near Casey’s) but I have no idea if we will be able to view the parade from outdoor tables (IF we are fortunate enough to get one). Annnnddd never having been to Disney before I am not sure whether it is a good viewing spot or not.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t chance it unless someone confirms that’s s good spot. Good luck! And will you post where you end up watching from? I always need good locations!

we watched from in front of the candy shop ( maybe it’s called the outpost?) which is right near peco’s bill in frontierland. we had some shade and a front row spot. we took the spot about 45 min before the parade started. it worked well b/c I sat while my kids and husband went in the candy shop and then when they came back to the spot, I ran down to the Fp kiosk that’s not far away in the breezeway b/w liberty square and adventureland and added our 4th fpp that we would use right after the parade since we had already used our original 3. it all worked really well.

2 Likes

We had a nice experience viewing from the top step of the Diamond Horseshoe. Here’s our view:

[sorry, I see this photo is appearing sideways or squished. If you click on it, it should be properly viewable. If anybody can tell me how to fix it, I’m all ears]

Some notes:

• Don’t stand on the stone planters. They were shooing people off.
  • Some people WILL stand on the stone planters. So I shooed them off (because they were blocking DD10’s view)
  • The top step was in the shade on the last day of April. I’m not sure what angle the sun takes during the summer.
1 Like