Feedback Rules

These are my own rules, but as this is apparently my thing now, I expect everyone to adhere to them when giving feedback. I WILL have mods remove things I feel that violates them.

1. Be kind and respectful
    This is easy, but it needs to be the primary rule.
    Listen, people showing off their designs is like someone exposing a nerve. It takes a massive amount of courage to show off your work for critique. Each creation is an extension, no matter how small, of the designer. Any “negative” can be taken as a personal insult. So keep that in mind when providing feedback. If you don’t like a design, there will be absolutely no derogatory comments. EVEN AS A JOKE. Personally, I can take it, but I’ve been doing this a while and I’m used to it. I am, however, very protective of the other designers willing to participate in this so I will jealously and viciously shut down anyone who isn’t respectful toward them. Just don’t be a jerk. This is your warning, and trust me, you don’t want to test me on this one.
    1a) Same goes for the designers, though. Should someone say something that rubs you the wrong way, take a breath and talk to me or one of the mods first. Don’t lash out as that won’t help anything.
  1. Constructive suggestions are great
    Suggestions are always welcome and why we’re doing this. I have always found suggestions on how to fix something to be the best, instead of ‘I don’t know, I just don’t like it’. Sometimes it’s hard to articulate, especially on the internet, but try your best to be as detailed as possible when making a suggestion. Worst case, use that www.photopea.com editor to pull the design in and rudimentarily make a change!

2. ALL ideas are good (well, within guidelines, of course).
    This is the best part of designing: even if you put forth a wholly awful design idea(yes, I know what i just said, stay with me), someone can take that and run with it. “Stupid” ideas can springboard into a wonderful final product. So all ideas should be treated with respect, regardless of how they initially seem.

That’s it for now. I’m not too worried with this group, but I just wanted to make sure this was up.

6 Likes

FTFY

3 Likes

Pretty much :smirk: (But others can try and make a joke and it’ll just come off way wrong. Best to just avoid it all together)

1 Like