Feedback on SSR

Looking to rent DVC points for this fall. Anyone have feedback about SSR?

We probably like SSR more than most people. I know it doesn’t have the greatest reputation. We have stayed there several times (typically because it’s available even last minute). The resort is spread out which we don’t mind because it means it is quiet. We also always have a car so we aren’t relying on Disney transportation which I think can be an issue at large resorts. If you do have car, the parking is plentiful. The proximity to DS is a huge plus especially with the addition of so many great restaurants. You can walk to DS or take the boat. My son loves the main pool, but the other smaller pools are nice too. While there are better DVC resorts, the points needed to stay at SSR are typically less.

I stayed at SSR last September. I did not pay for a preferred room, but I was in Paddock, right across from the Congress Park bus stop. This meant that we were able to walk to DS multiple times. At night after we returned from the park we would walk to DS.

We stayed in a1 bedroom and I loved it! I would definitely stay there again.

I will say SSR is the largest resort I have ever stayed in. I did not rely on the buses. We used Uber. Uber picked up and dropped off right at our door. Since so many Uber drivers wait in DS, drivers usually arrived in about 5 minutes.

1 Like