Feedback on plan, dining, for our express visit

Green Eggs & Ham is our very favorite place to eat at IOA :+1: - love the Buffalo Chicken Tots - Huge portion prepared fresh - I’ve never been able to finish them completely yet because I get too full :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve made reservations as follows. We will likely pivot and not actually do all of this, but we have in our pocket and will cancel as needed.

Arrival evening:
Green eggs and ham (tater tots all the way for my kids!) they will adore me for this choice, lol.

Day 1, USF PM / IOP PM
Lunch: Finnegan’s at 11.45am (as a back up if Crepes from a food cart doesn’t hunt real time in the heat). We’d have to skip Animal Actors, but we’d still make Bourne at 11am and Horror at 1pm.
Dinner: Cowfish at 6.15pm
Back up: eat poolside at HRH

Day 2, IOP AM / USF PM
Lunch: Mythos, 11am
Dinner: Antijotes at 6.15pm
Back up ressies;
6.15 cowfish in case we missed prior day
6.15 Strong water tavern, in case we decide to go there over antijotes.

Day 3, VB
Lunch: QS in park.
Strong water Tavern at 6.15pm.
Back up: rooftop Aventura bar or Urban Cafe QS.

1 Like

This looks really good! Only suggestion I’d have is to add confiscos for arrival night backup in case green eggs has a long line you don’t feel like waiting in. I love green eggs as well but not going to wait in a long line in the heat for it and confiscos is right around the corner. :wink:

1 Like

I really enjoy Finnegan’s. My favorite item is the onion & potato “web”. It’s like you took a bunch of shoestring fries wrapped them around onion rings and deep fried them together!

3 Likes

OP has said numerous times that she prefers something quick. I think green eggs is a good suggestion. Should op have a backup in case cs lines are long? Absolutely, but not sure why that warrants this response.

4 Likes

I love all this feedback, truly!

I know I can’t wrap my arms around the mid day heat - at a theme park no less - so I love having options, and back ups.

We went to DLR in October 2017 and the first 2 days were 70’s and beautiful. The last two days were a heat wave with 102 degree weather. That’s the closest I’ve come, and we were melting - and that was dry CA heat.

Getting into an air conditioned restaurant between 11-12 could be a vacation saver. Who knows. I’ll report back to this crew after the trip. Those brisket crepes sound tasty though!

If I were to guess, we’ll end up eating poolside at HRH on Day 1, (weather permitting) and punt Cowfish to our second night.

Then we’ll play our last night by ear- either strong water or QS. It will depend on what time we get waterlogged at VB and are ready to call it.

Express Pass is only one per, so after the first hour of EA where we will get as far along with ride now and ride 10s before we activate we will then likely plow thru our EP rides pretty quickly and will have to decide how much time we want to spend in lazy river waiting for a non EP VQ to progress!

I could see my kids wanting to be in game room up till we need to leave for MCO!

3 Likes

I apologize Larry, maybe it was my jokes that got Joe in a sour mood. :man_shrugging: Also, maybe if we think of him the way we do Mouse Matt, we’ll just laugh at his harsh statements. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just for the record, the thousands of food reviews that Touring Plans receives from fellow liners indicate this:
(I counted 16 restaurant places in IOA that serve lunch/dinner food)

The Burger Digs is ranked 12/16, with a “much below average” rating.

For comparison, Green Eggs & Ham is ranked 4/16 and Wimpy’s is ranked 6/16.

4 Likes

The Tater Tot pic with the jalapeños had me at hello for sure! So unique and different than typical park fare!! Green Eggs and Ham is mentioned in a ton of posts for sure.

1 Like