Feedback on plan, dining, for our express visit

And thank you Darkmite for sharing your secret place! I’m grateful. Shade, sustenance, then off to the races.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at thunder Falls.

1 Like

On the Mythos front - does TS take as long as at WDW? It is smart recommendation to get out of the heat but I’ll be bummed it it takes an hour to get our food.

Here’s my plan revisited with folks’ recommendations.

Arrival night: Tues, July 4th (yes, I know)
2pm arrival MCO, no checked bags, Uber to HRH
IOA, 4.00-4.30 targeted entry
Early dinner: Green Eggs and Ham at park arrival-sit in darkmite2’s secret alcove!
Late night-take Hogwarts Express to DA
Dessert-Florean’s ice cream
Return to HRH from USF

Day 1: Wed, July 5th
RD USF AM
+Frozen Butterbeer
Mythos -early lunch
Long Mid day break at HRH (naps/pool)
Cowfish - dinner en route back to parks
IOA for PM
Toothsome’s shake to share in way back to hotel (is this even en route from IOA to HRH?)
Return to HRH from IOA

Day 2: Thur, July 6th
Check out/leave bags for transfer or w/concierge
RD IOA AM
Thunder Falls QS - early lunch
Long mid day break at HRH or Aventura (if room is ready at Aventura we will go straight there)
Antiojotes - dinner en route back to parks
USF for PM
Return to Aventura from USF, how?

Day 3: Friday, July 7th
Check out. Bags with concierge.
RD VB
Lunch: Koholo Reef
Drinks: Dancing Dragon Boat Bar
Showers/change at Aventura Fitness Room
Dinner: Urban Cafe QS at Aventura, unless we stay late at VB and eat there.
Uber/Lyft to MCO at 7.40pm for 9.55pm flight

1 Like

I just worked out that Mythos is in IOA, not USF!

On Day 1 at USF, I’ll stick with Crepes lunch (any sacred spaces to eat? (phrase belongs to OBNurse on WDW forum I believe!) and either dinner at Cowfish or HRH poolside.

On Day 2 at IOA, I’ll do Mythos lunch and either Antijotes or Cowfish dinner (if didn’t do Cowfish the day prior).

Another question (amongst endless questions), what is best way to get to USF from Aventura? Walk to Sapphire Falls and take boat? Or take the bus? Similarly, at end of our last night to return to Aventura, not sure if we’ll be in IOA or USF, but is bus or boat the better strategy?

1 Like

I disagree about rooftop bar. I’m happily married but went in a girls trip. We sat in the back left corner and it was relaxing and the food and ambience were great. We went during daylight hours and caught the sunset and the views were lovely.

3 Likes

When we stayed in Aventura that’s what we did…it’s a very short walk to Sapphire Falls boat stop. That’s how we went back too

The reason I’m against the busses is that you have to go the parking area (well almost there. The boat area is closer to the parks and the walk thru sapphire falls is nicer and less crowded than the ramps to the busses/parking lots)

Okay that’s fair. The food is even better there but it doesn’t have the view. Does have the really long couch though!

Yes, if you take an immediate left as you exit and don’t cross the bridge straight in front of you toothsomes is right there on your left. Then you keep going that way on that same path to walk back to HRH which I recommend over the boat as it’s a really short walk. Remember to take the short cut thru the pool gate it saves a good 5-10 min of walking. And you can walk across pool grounds to the hotel entrance by Kitchen Emilio and Bomacks or whatever the quick service is called near the elevators.

1 Like

So great. I’ll do Sapphire Falls/Boat to/from parks, and will plan on a Toothsome Shake as well. I’ll have to research Strong Water vs. Rooftop bar vs. QS Aventura.

SO FUN to plan. Truly.

1 Like

I’ve eaten at all three and personally for quality food and drinks if your wanting one last one

1. strong water
  2. rooftop
  3. quick service. I found it serviceable but not good by any means personally.
1 Like

Yes… Directly behind you will be an alcove with a few tables.

I went late one night, after 10pm. It was so quiet that it was eerie and the people that were there were young couples that all looked like they were on dates and whispering to each other. I prefer a more lively bar, but that’s just me.

It’s nothing special. The interior is beautiful! The service is sometimes lacking and the food is hit or miss. I love the spanakopita dip! With the entrees I have either “OK” food or I have to send it back due to either being over/under cooked. I’m not hating on the place! I gave it a “B” in my rankings. (I ate at EVERY place in the parks & CityWalk last year. It was one of my “goals” with my AP!!)

If you are fortunate enough to have a reservation, then a sit down lunch will be nice. Personally, I’d recommend The Confisco Grill over Mythos. It has an “eclectic” menu, so it may not appeal to all. However, the Ahi Tuna Nachos are INCREDIBLE…

Yes! You have to walk right by it!! Here’s a CityWalk Map for you!

Shhhhhhhh !!! It’s a SECRET!! :male_detective:

OK…Since I’ve spilled the beans on my place, here it is on a map…

“X” = Green Eggs & Ham Tots QS… The alcove is by Cat in the Hat

Yes! I find the buses to be AMAZING at the value resorts. However, they IME seem to come less frequently to Aventura or the deluxe hotels. (My theory is that since they have boat access and the values don’t they focus the buses on those places.)

It’s really up to you. You’ll have to walk past the boat docks, to get to the bus depot at the Security Hub back at the garage. However, you’ll get dropped off right at the hotel with the bus.

By taking the boat you’ll have to walk through Sapphire and then to your hotel. Both walks are about the same, maybe the walk through Sapphire is a “bit” longer. The boat ride at night is better for the view though. If I didn’t care about the extra steps, I’d take the boat and enjoy looking at everything at night.

I’ll completely agree about Strong Water!

2 Likes

With regards to Mythos, I agree that it’s hit or miss but the grilled cheese and tomato soup is the bomb. The other options I’ve tried were meh to me. And sometimes the service is good and sometimes it’s slow. It’s not consistent. But I like the view and the food is better than quick service options imho. Last time we ate at Three Broomsticks for example, it was over an hour wait and then they kept sending the wrong order to our table and it took like another hour for them to fix that. It ended up being over two hours and the food is meh to me. So, I’d take Mythos being the closest indoor restaurant over Three Broomsticks once you’ve seen it a time or two. And I’ll probably stick to the grilled cheese. I’ve had decent meals at Confisco too. We did the Spidey/Cat in the Hat character meal back in the day there and it was a lot of fun but I wouldn’t personally say it’s better than Mythos based on my experience. They’re both like Chilis to me. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep! This pretty much sums up my feelings too! Sadly, I don’t like tomato soup so I’ve never had it. I’ve heard it’s good, but the sandwich can be hit-or-miss too!

If it not a holiday or peak time, I’ll typically go to 3B. I think the chicken dinner is a good size portion of food for the price. Plus, I can sit and watch VC zoom by on the patio! It’s definitely not my favorite place to eat, but if I’m doing an all-day WWOHP cosplay “play” day. I’ll eat at 3B instead of LC. I don’t really care for any of the food over at LC.

1 Like

I am the opposite. I prefer Leaky Cauldron. I like the Toad in the Hole, and the charcuterie plate both a lot.

1 Like

I get your love of these places, but I think it’s bad advice to suggest to others they should go to a place where most seats are taken up by people just getting off the Popeyes water ride. A very similar burger is offered, fresh, inside at Burger Digs.

You are giving the advice to order at snack stands for lunch and walk around to find seating for a family. This is insane, do better.

We are just going to have to disagree. I got sick after eating at Burger Digs last year. That burger was the thinnest and grosses burger I’ve eaten at UOR. The toppings “bar” is a joke. You could’ve picked almost any other burger place and I might have been willing to debate it!! LOL :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (I promise, I’m not trolling or hating. We have different experiences I guess!!)

It’s my opinion. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. This also seems very harsh and is starting to feel like you’re making it personal or something. I don’t think I’ve ever spoken so abruptly / curtly to you once. Maybe I’m misinterpreting your tone. I try to use emojis emphasize to people I’m being friendly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent:

3 Likes

Because you’re suggesting to a family that lunch at a place that sells tater tots with cheese on them (Green Eggs and Ham) is one of the best meals in the parks. You can have your favorites, go wild, but this person is spending a considerable amount of time and money on this trip to be told they should eat on a curb from a snack stand for lunch.

My curtness is because I spent the past three weeks writing over 2000 words on WDW vs UOR dining including quality and value.

Ok… It’s just a suggestion. Don’t know why you have to be so aggressive / rude. I’ve never treated you in such a way, nor will I now. We all give our thoughts, just like you do. I don’t nitpick your articles or blogs. I just tell my experiences and offer resources. If this upsets you maybe take a day away from the computer or something… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I chose Mythos with eyes wide open food wise - the interior is cool - and it will be easy access from where we will be. Plus, I’d been trying to find a reason to be over on that side of the park.

Fwiw: We tend to be food cart folks for lunch b/c I hate spending park time at a mediocre restaurant with slow service! If there is a decent indoor QS option at USF other than leaky I’m all ears. I’m just not willing to wait in the sun for an hour (will be 11.40sm after Bourne).

USF didn’t have a ton of options, so we’ll grab a crepe after the 11am Bourne, before we go to animal actors, followed by horror.

Then we will leave the park at 1.30 and hang at the HRH pool from 2-4, then naps, showers.

We’ll do sit down cowfish for dinner at 6.15pm on our way back to parks.

3 Likes