Feedback on 2 days of MK plans

Hi Everyone,

We are leaving one week from tomorrow! My husband and I are both elementary school teachers, so I haven’t been able to do lots of planning recently as we are busy wrapping up our school years. I would love any feedback regarding our MK plans (if I have time, I will post the other days, but right now I am also trying to finish report cards! Anyway, I realize we have no scheduled breaks in the mornings and little free time, but I am flexible and realize that if we need to stop, we will. The day after our first day at MK is a pool/relaxing day, so we can sleep in. The day after our second MK day is the day we leave, so if the kids are cranky, so what! We have a 4 1/2 year old, a 6 year old and a 12 year old. With a long afternoon nap, I am hoping they can rally until later in the evening when the lines shorten a bit. Also, we have fast passes for both the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes, although the TP isn’t showing that. So, any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, anything great that we are missing? I really want to see the FOF parade, but would rather have the kids nap and come back later. Thanks a million!

Magic Kingdom plan 6/9
http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1207393

Magic Kingdom plan 6/12
http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1322306

The first day’s plan looks OK with two caveats:

1. CRT will probably take you longer than an hour, unless you rush it, and at those prices, who wants to rush ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  2. Big Thunder to Barnstormer back to Splash back to Buzz seems like a lot of walking retracing your steps. Based on your family, did you try setting the plan to minimize walking? Or at least switch Barnstormer and Splash and evaluate to see how it affects the plan.

The second day’s plan looks great. You may want to spend some time playing SOTMK or Pirates adventure, depending on what the kids are interested in.

Have a great trip! Don’t forget to hydrate - July can be brutal (says the guy who’s going later that month :wink: )

I know that we are supposed to “trust the TP”. IMHO. 6 and 7 min waits at Splash and BTMRR an hour after RD sound very optomistic (as does 12 for Buzz 2 hours after RD). And as was said above, 60 min might be kind of short for CRT. But I’m a little gun shy; on my last trip I “trusted” TP wait times that “seemed” too short based on prior experience - and they were.

Thanks for the honest feedback! I may tinker a bit more and repost, but I so appreciate your insights!