Favorite WDW Tips

Always shove a quart-size freezer bag in your purse/day pack/pocket – if it rains, it is a great place to shove phones and small cameras. If someone ends up with some sort of spill or stain to the point that they’re buying new clothes, you can pack up the dirty stuff in there. If you get popcorn, you can put it in the bag so that you can carry it on rides easier than in the box. If you get too warm (or for kids, if they get a bump or scrape), fill it with ice and use it as an ice pack.

3 Likes

Make sure everyone has good walking shoes that fit at least two months before your trip. That will give them time to break them in and discover any problems.

@MasterSorcerer I agree! My DH gets super grumpy if I run him around too much at WDW. I’m scheduling a break each day on this trip - I think in the long run that will ensure that his trips are fantastic (in his eyes) and he will want to continue to go back :slight_smile:

I must admit that I’m the one going all grumpy if I don’t have a break mid day! @Hollywood1939 could go all day and all night in the park without blinking a eye haha!

It probably doesn’t help when it’s blazing hot! We’re going in January so he might have a little bit more energy cause it’s not spent on sweating :sweat:

I think that going in January is gonna help a lot! Not to hot. When we went in October it was bearable, so I imagine that January will be better. I can’t wait to be able to go in a time that is less hot than then summer haha.

We went at the beginning of Feb this year and it was perfect! I would love to take DH to SWW one day - but I would prefer to not die of heat exhaustion! I don’t know how you guys did it? I’m going the beginning of May next year (sister trip) and I’m hoping the humidity isn’t bad then. First time for F&G :slight_smile: I know, I know - I’m going three months apart! But I couldn’t resist when my sister said she wanted to go to F&G with me! ha!

Going a lot of time is awesome haha! we went in October, than 1 day in March with a cruise excursion, than went back in June!

I was hot, but less hot then expected in June. Maybe if you go the first week end of SWW it will be less hot. I found that it was cooling a bit of at night. There were so very hot day, but other day was manageable! Cold beverage helps a lot to enduring the heat! You should totally do SWW one day!

2 Likes

We will definitely try it one day - maybe I’ll surprise him in 2016👍

That would be an awesome surprise! I liked the experience and if we can go back I’m sure we will!
That’ll be awesome when you go in May to do the F&G. We almost went for the last week end of it but @Hollywood1939 had her big exam and we couldn’t make it on time! I’m excited for you!

@MasterSorcerer I am always so excited to go to WDW but I can’t wait for F&G - I’m not a gardener but I’m stoked to see the topiaries and the food and beverages​:tropical_drink::wine_glass::cocktail: almost a mini F&W​:heart_eyes:

@EthicalAddict No need to be a gardener to enjoy the topiaries and all the amazing food! We did F&W one time and it was the best food I’ve ever tasted! I can imagine that any food event at Disney would just be amazing and you get nice topiaries to bring the coup de grace :smiley:

2 Likes

Best liner tip I have received is get the check when you order drinks at a pre rd cp! I didn’t before I was a liner, duh! Also always put phone in a ziplock Baggie in my purse no matter what, never know when a camel will wet you or a thunderstorm will roll in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rope Drop, Rope Drop, Rope Drop!! Be there for rope drop, get in all the attractions with no lines, use FPP for later in the morning/early afternoon then head back to resort hotel for pool time. In the evenings you can relax at the parks knowing you’ve done the big attractions and will be able to enjoy the nighttime shows and shoping, maybe a few attractions with short waits or use FPP

1 Like