Favorite WDW Park - With Ranked Choice Voting - FINAL RESULTS IN POST #182

1 MK
2 EP
3 HS
4 AK

I just cant get away from AK being an “overglorified zoo” in my mind. HS feels so disconnected right now, it was better when it was still MGM.

3 Likes

True.

It is also true that getting there is not super convenient as a result

4 Likes

Yup! I’m not disagreeing with you.

1 Like
  1. Magic Kingdom
  2. EPCOT
  3. Hollywood Studios
  4. Animal Kingdom
5 Likes

Neither am I :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Epcot
  2. Animal Kingdom
  3. Hollywood Studios
  4. Magic Kingdom

Add Disneyland (West coast) in the comparison equation and MK definitely pales for me.

So sorry for all the MK lovers :grimacing: But that’s not to say it isn’t a fantastic park! I just find myself wondering: “Ok, we’ll do Peoplemover for sure and I’d love to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, but then what?” And it used to edge out Hollywood Studios for me, but now that DLR no longer has a Tower of Terror and that was a favorite of mine, Hollywood Studios has become more special. Plus Toy Story Land is a whole lot of fun. Outside of the burning heat. And all the duplicates that Hollywood Studios has to DLR are some of the best headliners in the theme park industry, so it doesn’t feel as repepitive/less than like the MK duplicates to DL’s.

And then Epcot has my heart and always will forever. I can’t even put my finger on why I love it so because the first time I saw it was in 2016 and so have absolutely no nostalgia, but it was love at first sight.

And Animal Kingdom is also so unique and relaxing and has GOATS!!! I miss the goats at DLR so much, so knowing there’s a Disney theme park out there that still has them and in a happy place where they are surrounded by much more nature than DLR could provide, is a happy thought.

7 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

It’s dumb and annoying

2 Likes
  1. Magic Kingdom - classic
  2. Epcot - unique
  3. Animal Kingdom - immersive
  4. Hollywood Studios - charm
4 Likes

It is now…but as a kid, when MK and EP were the only two parks, I LOVED having to take the monorail. It was, well, magical!

3 Likes

1 - Animal Kingdom
2 - Hollywood Studios
3 - Epcot
4 - Magic Kingdom

With Guardians of the Galaxy, Epcot is threatening HS in my book. And Tron is making MK a must-do rather than “skippable if we don’t have time.” While AK is my favorite, since there aren’t as many attractions I typically don’t devote as much time there.

5 Likes

DD8 and DS5 both love animals and zoos, but had AK last of the 4 parks. I asked them their favorite parts of AK and they only mentioned rides (but not KS). My conclusion is that they have a different mindset when at WDW … they are focused on rides. If AK were a separate “zoo” and not one of the parks, I think they might have different view of it.

3 Likes
  1. Magic Kingdom - it just has all the feels
  2. Epcot - two worlds in one
  3. Animal Kingdom - because animals
  4. Hollywood Studios - it changes too much, too often
4 Likes

I didn’t realize you felt that way about MK, maybe because I skipped that part of your TR. :laughing:

I thought I was an oddball here, but see yours is almost the same.

4 Likes

My reasons are mostly because I live close to DLR, and Disneyland Park is the better version of MK, other than the grandiosity of the castle. More rides in a smaller space.

I do enjoy MK vibes though. If DL didn’t exist, MK would be more important. Still not sure it would overtake any of the others though …

6 Likes

Yes this. Although after our visit last week I think almost all of my family would rank California Adventure as our favorite park of the 6 :grin:

5 Likes

:scream:

I really like DCA. Really really really like. But that is quite a statement.

For me, DL is hard to beat considering it has Galaxy’s Edge now … :thinking:

4 Likes

It is a wicked awesome park and is right up there if only it wasn’t 3000 miles away

2 Likes

It’s always SW with you.

(Except when it’s Indy)

5 Likes

Two (three if you count Star Tours) Harrison Ford connections in one park … (even though Han doesn’t directly appear in any Batuu attractions …)

4 Likes