Favorite Restaurants

For me- Raglan Road is missing from your Disney Spring list. Sleepy Hollow is missing from MK- and I enjoy LTT for lunch. Finally, Sunshine Tree is the Citrus Swirl (great choice). Dole Whip is in Aloha Isle?

I am not a Disney veteran by any means. We did not do any signature restaurants during our first trip. For table service our favorite was Be Our Guest. For counter service our favorite was Cookes of Dublin next to Raglan Road. Again there are SO many places I havenā€™t tried though.

I like the food at La Hacienda better than at San Angel, but I have to agree that the atmosphere at San Angel is excellent. My one meal at the Boathouse was very disappointing and Iā€™ll be hesitant to return - although I have to agree that the server I had was awesome. RR would have to be on my list of favorites in WDW; Iā€™ve never had a bad meal, drink, or time there. Although TE is good, for EP choices choices, Monsieur Paul tops the list; it would argue that it equals - or perhaps beats out - Jiko as best food in WDW - not counting V&A, which has NO equals in WDW. Truth be told, I would put Le Cellier above either Mexican restaurant.

We really like signature if we can get it

These are all excellent

Le celier (epcot)
Monsieur Paul (epcot)
Tiffins (AK)
Hollywood Brown derby (HS) but ask for a booth when you book
Teppan one at Epcot also great fun

Interestingly Mythos advertises itā€™s been voted best them park restaurant 4 or 5 years in a row. Itā€™s good for a lunch but it canā€™t compare to those above

If I could only pick one above it would be Monsieur Paul

Closely followed by Tiffins

Quite right PrincipalTinker - my mistake. Iā€™ve never had a Citrus Swirl - CS needs to be on my list anyway. Iā€™ve also never tried Sleepy Hollow or Liberty Tree Tavern. My wife and kids are vegetarian, so LTT has limited options for them. Iā€™d really like to try them all at some point. It will be at least a year before Iā€™m back at WDW. For now Iā€™ll be living my Disney Dreams through TP Forumā€¦lol.

1 Like

This thread is making me wish my Disney trip was much closer (going in Jan 2018)!

Favorites:
Jiko-absolute MUST! I stayed at AKL-Jambo and had the bonus of ordering room service from Jiko as well. Itā€™s just as good when delivered to the room as it is when sitting in the restaurant.

Hollywood Brown Derby. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

The Waveā€¦ at the Contemporary was a nice surprise. It was a delicious light lunch. Plus their homemade potato chips were a great take away snack.

Least favorites
BOG-the food was good, it was a beautiful dining room and the staff was lovely, but they were really focused on turning over the tables as quickly as possible. It felt very rushed. Our party of 9 was in and out in less than an hour. Not a lot of time to savor the meal

Boma-wasnt too impressed with the dinner

Spirit of Aloha-I loved the show, but the meal was just ā€œokayā€. Our service was outstanding though.

1 Like

Signature - only done Yachtsman, I liked it and would go back but want to try other signatures too.

Table Service - LTT lunch, Raglan Road and BOG dinners were our favourites. Love CP breakfast too. Least favourite - I wasnā€™t mad on Biergarten but DS11 loved it, itā€™s the only restaurant he said we absolutely have to go back to.

Quick Service - I donā€™t think thereā€™s much to chose between any of them to be honest. I love the chicken and waffles at Backlot, if forced to pick. Worst - Min and Bills. I will never go there again. I ate about 2 bites of my hotdog, it was vile.

Iā€™m already planning restaurants for our next trip which wonā€™t be till Aug 2019 or possibly 2020!!

Can we add in Hoop De Doo as a write-in ā€œdinner showā€ category?? We love it.

Otherwise we are Biergarten all the way and Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie! We buy Park Hoppers just so we can eat all our meals at Epcot.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat as you missoverexcited. Itā€™s not looking like weā€™ll make it to WDW before Aug 2019. At least we have TPF!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never done Hoop De Doo. On my wish list!

1 Like