Favorite restaurants out of the parks

We enjoyed this meal too!

Pre-Covid the hours were changed - seems like no more lunch. We usually ate supper at Trail’s End but have had great breakfasts, and I know we had lunch.

It’ll be interesting to see how things shake out post Covid.

1 Like

Trail’s End at Fort Wilderness
Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge
Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge (QS)
The Wave at The Contemporary
'Ohana at Polynesian
Cookes of Dublin at Disney Springs (QS)
D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs (QS)

To offer a differing opinion of the tea, I went a few years ago and loved it. Also went to the Tea at DL Hotel in Disneyland in January which is very similar. Loved it too!

2 Likes

It’s always so subjective. For instance, I know most people love the Fantasmic Dessert Package. I was not impressed. But that may have been mostly due to the fact that we arrived late, we were all hot and cranky (August), my one year old was being a ridiculous wiggle worm that would allow only me to hold her, and I was therefore not able to enjoy the snacks and drinks at all. I’ll keep the tea on my list of possibilities for now :yum:

1 Like

I don’t eat outside of the parks all that often, but last trip I really enjoyed Sebastian’s (at Caribbean Beach). Someone else mentioned mixed reviews on Citricos. I really enjoyed the service there and my meal was excellent (but I only ate one course there as part of the Highway in the Sky). I very much miss Bongos.

Seconding Kimonos.
In the realm of WDW prices, Kimonos is a relative bargain for the quality. We have no issue with going a few times in a 5 day trip.

I’ll also say that the sandwiches at Fuel across the way at Dolphin are absolutely outstanding, and priced very well, too.

Ohana (but really prefer the room service version, the Twilight Feast)
Boma
Kona Cafe

1 Like

Wait! What?! Twilight feast? Please elaborate :yum:

1 Like

You get the entire Ohana meal plus POG juice delivered right to your room. The only thing missing is the ice cream that goes with the bread pudding. There’s nothing quite like being complete gluttons and eating the Ohana meal while in your pajamas…

5 Likes

Sounds amazing!

Everything I’ve ever heard is that it’s awesome and that it’s enough food to feed an army. You order by “per person” so you can Orr for fewer than you have and you’ll still have plenty, so it’s a good value too.

It’s only available on Poly property

1 Like

We want to stay at the poly for our next trip as a family in Aug of 2021. I am going to try this for sure. Thanks!

I too have heard great things but I also heard about a year ago they did reduce the amount of food. I think for most people it is ok but I think it is now an issue if you order for 1 and there are 2 of you?