Favorite restaurants out of the parks

What are your favorite restaurants outside of the parks (Disney Springs or resorts)?

1 Like

I’m going to guess that you’ll get a lot of votes for Raglan Road.

Most of the restaurants I’ve tried are no longer around, but top of my list to try next time I’m there is Homecomin’! I had a reservation for last Sunday (RIP). Hopefully I can get one for my rescheduled trip next year.

1 Like

There are a number of good choices at Disney Springs–Homecomin’, Raglan Road, Morimoto and The Boathouse are our favorites.
So many resort choices–Jiko at AKL is fabulous and CG for brunch or dinner. We likely Citrico’s at GF but it doesn’t seem to get much love by others. We recently discovered Toledo at CSR and it was wonderful.

I’ve heard good reviews from the ones already mentioned but haven’t been. Our family favorites are T-Rex (BEST burgers and more), Whispering Canyons for the fun atmosphere, and The Polite Pig (best Brussel sprouts and bbq). I liked the ‘brunch’ at Chef Mickeys cuz it was a mix of breakfast and lunch foods at the buffet, but with all the changes I wonder if buffets will be put on hold. I DO NOT recommend high tea at the GFTR! And a surprise… the food was pretty good at the AMC dine-in theater.

Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ in Disney Springs, Beaches and Cream (pre-renovation…not sure how I would feel now since I loved the diner feel and the amazing staff), Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk, 'Ohana.

1 Like

Homecomin’ was very good. For QS we liked Wolfgang Puck Express.
Love Boma for breakfast and lunch. The Mara is a great QS.
The Wave for breakfast is fantastic. If you get the buffet, there is no omelet station. I had heard that if you ask your server, they will bring you an omelet made to order as part of the buffet price. It was true when we were there.
Kona Café for lunch was excellent. Sadly, last time at breakfast, the Tonga Toast was disappointing.

1 Like

We’ve enjoyed Boma and it seems like they’ll be able to convert that to cafeteria service relatively
easily.

If you like sushi, Kimonos at the Swam was really good and the karaoke was highly entertaining.

The seafood buffet at Cafe May at Beach Club was quite good as well, so we’ll see how they adapt that.

Boma, Polite Pig, Sanaa, the Wave…

Raglan Road, Homecomin. Boma for both breakfast and dinner, but especially breakfast. Yachtsman. 1900PF for breakfast.

2 Likes

Jaleo
Toledo
Topolino Terrace
Homecoming
Il Mulino

1 Like

Our favourites are Saana, Citricos, Raglan Road and Boma (esp for breakfast)

1 Like

Disney Springs: Raglan, Morimoto’s, Boathouse

Resorts: Jiko, Flying Fish, California Grill, Sanaa, Wave, Bluezoo (but I usually stick to the lounge), Wave

I am sure I will come back and edit…

1 Like

Ohana is def. our favorite

Lots of the same but Cali Grill is great, Sanaa is an incredible menu and really neat bread service. Also nice to have animals walk up to your window if you are seated there. I actually prefer Sanaa to Jiko because of it.

1 Like

Would you mind elaborating? I was considering doing this for my birthday next year.

I really liked breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I enjoyed Trattoria al Forno as well.

Homecomin
Polite Pig

Cali Grill (esp brunch on Sunday)
Sanaa
Topolino breakfast (have not done dinner)
Flying Fish

1 Like

about high tea… horribly expensive, I think an extra pot of tea was $60, wow! It’s all finger food and if you are picky you might not be happy with flavors and portions. I thought all food was nice, flavorful but over priced. In part my daughters and I (on a girls trip) were looking for the experience; we dressed up etc. The staff was attentive but there were only 3 tables filled including ours. The room was FREEZING cold. I think there was a good review on touringplans.com. My one daughter is a BIG Alice in Wonderland fan, but that character tea is only for children under age 14? It was something we wanted to experience but would never do again and if I had to choose again I wouldn’t. Garden View Tea Room

Ohana dinner is a must do for my family. I loved Sanaa for dinner and the bread service. 1900 Park Fare breakfast and dinner for the character interaction. The Mad Hatter at breakfast is a hoot! Stepsisters and the Stepmother are fabulous at dinner.

2 Likes

We’re character buffet folk.
1900 Park Fare supper - my sister wants to be Lady Tremaine. If she had to choose between Lady Tremaine or Tower of Terror, it’d be a tough choice.

Crystal Palace breakfast - Eeyore. Again, my sister. Altho Tigger is a big draw. Neither as important as Lady T.

Cape May breakfast - favorite meal on property for my grandniece. Better than Crystal Palace she says.

My favorite is Trails End Kitchen. I have no idea why. Possibly anything at the campground would be my favorite.

Most of our favorite restaurants are at Epcot.

I did have a Storybook reservation so my sister could meet the evil queen. I just realized yesterday I have no idea when my late June ADRs disappeared. :thinking: