Fastpass day was horrendous

Well, if money-hungry Disney continues to show its true colors ** cough ** hotel parking fess ** cough ** they can eventually opt for a fee based MaxPass system.

However, I don’t see why they can’t offer MaxPass without charging for it just like the regular FPP.

My point was that if Disney switched to a pay-for-MaxPass model at WDW, they would, as a result, lose a LOT OF on-site resort guests. The amount gained by charging for MaxPass would NOT offset the loss in resort guest revenue. They would have to charge a WHOLE LOT to make it worthwhile. Like a LOT a lot.

At Disneyland, it isn’t so much of an issue because they don’t have enough on-site Resort space anyhow, so MaxPass is just a pure revenue generator for them.

Agree with this.

They would also seriously alienate a lot of U.K. visitors. If a family of 4is staying for 2 weeks, that $560 just for max pass. On top of the resort costs.

Ther is no way to introduce max pass in Florida without it appearing like they’re removing a lot of perks from onsite and longer staying guests.

FP+ was supposed to make it easier to work out ride loads etc. It hasn’t worked, for many attractions that didn’t need it it increases stand-by times, and it cost a fortune.

Despite this though, they won’t be abandoning it, however disappointing it has turned out to be. Far too much money wasted if they do that.

And because they also have several degrees higher attendance than at Disneyland. Max Pass wouldn’t work in Florida, certainly not as well. You would still be left with no availability for many rides.

I wasn’t proposing that they should charge for it. I was advocating for a better reservation system that already exists.

And removing perks only matters to those in the know. When the BOG dinner went away no one even blinked. Same with the parking fees and many other little things that get removed year after year. The average visitor simply doesn’t know.

Disagree, this would be terrible. I sure hope Disney does not listen.

1 Like

Have you tried Disneyland? Yes they have fastpass but no planning ahead, and even the best restaurants you can get an ADR the day before. There is literally no stress on a Disneyland vacation.

4 Likes

I have not, but perhaps I should - at least my kids got to experience WDW when they were young and it was not quite so stressful. In actuality - I shouldn’t let this trip stress me out - we are mostly going for Food and Wine festival. So @Wahoohokie - I take it you live on the west coast? Far from Hokie and Wahoo land :slight_smile:

Yes I live in Washington State now, but grew up in Virginia. I go to both coasts multiple times a year. I love all the planning with WDW, the ADRs, the FPP…but sometimes going to DL is so much easier. I was just there with my DS14 and the only planning I did was a few ADRs, bought my son a park hopper with Maxpass (I have an AP), and made a hotel reservation. Other than that we just went wherever, whenever thanks to Maxpass. Very low stress.

1 Like

No. It wouldn’t. :wink:

They won’t. Don’t worry.

1 Like

Oh my word what a nightmare! I just checked on my app on my phone and all my FP had disappeared. I almost had a heart attack. So I logged in on the computer and they were there but with only one guest (we are a party of 4) tried again one more time and they are all back. I have taken pics and screed shots now!

As pp have said don’t give up you should be able to modify your FP especially once you already have them

Also we did love MaxPass when we used it last year! Makes it so much easier to DL and DCA. Won’t happen in WDW though

@Alicein3D same thing happened to me - all gone then only showing for 1 guest and now all is okay - yes I guess I better take screen shots - good idea. Why do I

2 Likes

I am so glad they won’t listen! :wink:

2 Likes

This made me laugh and I couldn’t agree more. I have worked at software companies with a fraction of Disney’s budget with higher system uptime and reliability during events that had significantly more traffic than I’m sure Disney has on FastPass day. It’s a solvable problem and with Disney’s focus on customer service, it’s confusing why they have continued to let this happen.

I’m convinced it’s happening for a well though out reason that is controlled by Disney. One thing Disney does well is control.

Agreed. Frankly, there is no excuse for it. I suspect it is a case of poorly written software that just hasn’t scaled up well, and they are paying the price for it…but depending on how the software and/or system is architected, fixing it probably isn’t as “simple” as throwing more hardware at it. It may involve a complete rethink in software implementation.

For example, there could be a bottleneck in the way their database is needing to allow simultaneous access and update of the information. If they are blocking access to others while one is modifying the data (which is required at some point), it can cause the entire system to slow down. There are mechanisms to improve this, but it can be a chore to go into an existing system and find all these bottlenecks.

If it is a software design issue, then they could have all the fastest computers in the world and it won’t really help much, if at all.