Fastpass at 60 or 30?

Our original plan was that we would be able to get 2-3 days worth of the 60 days out since we were going to have part of our group stay at Swan and Dolphin. It now looks like with Corona virus they might not! My brother is a doctor so can’t afford to get sick and thinking of cancelling! The rest of us have non refundable reservations with flights and hotels that are off site so we are still planning to go at this point.

If so, that means I either need to book our fastpasses at 60 days out and then hope they come as planned. If they don’t come then when the Swan/Dolphin ressie is cancelled we will lose the FP at 60 days and have to rebook whatever is leftover. For those who lose their FP, does it dropped immediately after the ressie is dropped? Or could I drop the Swan/Dolphin and pay for the cheapest hotel like the Fort Wilderness or an All stars, without the intent of staying there and just switch over? I have already paid for our week at Marriott Cypress Harbor so it is a nice place but not FP benefit: )

Any suggestions? Does that even make sense?

Jenn

Jenn

I believe you have either 24 or 48 hours to link another reservation before your FPP get dropped. I was going to say that you can always link a room only reservation and not lose the FPP, but if they were booked as part of an umbrella policy to begin with (yours were booked by someone staying on-site at the 60 day mark while you were staying off-site) I’m not sure how it would work, because I know that umbrella FPP must be exactly the same as the on-site guests FPP. Once they cancel, you may not be able to save your FPP even with a room only reservation, since you were not actually entitled to them to begin with, but only entitled through another party. Does that make sense? Perhaps someone who has actually done this can weigh in. If you want to be certain of getting those 60 day FPP, I would think your safest bet is to book your own throwaway reservation and not rely on an umbrella booking. Or just cross your fingers and hope your brother comes! I’m sure you will have a great trip either way!

Thanks!

Jenn

This has not been the case for me–I booked for friends traveling with us but staying off-site at a different park in 2019. But maybe I just got lucky!! I’ve never done this any other time.

THis doesn’t really impact the OP’s question though b/c if the Swan/Dolphin Ressie is cancelled, all the FPP associated should be cancelled as well.

That changed in late Feb 2019 when they closed many of the FP loopholes. At least one person on the onsite room must be in the same FP party now. Until the 30 day window when the offsite guests can modify their FPs.

I agree though that their FPs will likely be cancelled when the Swan / Dolphin reservation is cancelled.

1 Like

Ahh, the trip I did it for was March so our FPP day was Jan 2019. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

FYI I made a change that will help. I switch the Swan/Dolphin in my name and then that way if I want to switch it will be easier. Still hoping they will come but you never know!

Jenn

1 Like

If you can wait to cancel the Swan/Dolphin less than 30 days out you might have a better chance. In Dec 2018 we did this with a Disney Springs hotel reservation after changing plans and the reservation never came off my MDE account although it was canceled. That was awhile back and before the crackdown however.