Fastpass 60 + 5?

So I thought it was all really awesome and we’d get what we want by getting our FPs 60 days in advance but I think some people can make them even earlier ??? Would anyone please explain ? Thanks.

It depends on how long your stay is. So for us, staying 1 week, so able to book fpps 60 & 7.

Started with most difficult to get, at end of week, easier to get difficult ones then. So tried for SDD 60 &7, able to get for 6:15 for 9 of us. AK day is 60& 2 for us, boohoo no FOP fpps, that’s ok , have a great plan for RDing that day.

2 Likes

At 60 days you can book for the length of your stay, up to 14 days.

So yes, at your 60 day window, others will already have booked for some of your stay. But you still get that jump start on those with a shorter stay or who arrive after you.

For your 4th day onwards, you shouldn’t have any problems getting what you want, Even at 60 days, it’s only a handful of rides that will be a problem: FoP, Slinky, 7dmt. Others may not be available at the exact time you want. Prioritise those rides for later in your stay and book them first. Then fill in the gaps.

1 Like

Thanks I get it now. So for example for FoP I should be fine as we only go to AK on the 6th and 7th days of our trip ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like a good plan, @jflafond. And if you’re going to HS earlier in your week, keep your eyes peeled for any info regarding getting there well b4 RD. Been hearing about folks doing well with that, as long as SDD & AS2 not down. But I think they’re working fine mostly.

For HS, we’re doing both the very early RD & using SDD fpp, since the littlest says that will her new fave ride haha!

3 Likes

I booked FOP on our day 7 on a CL7 day. Just booked it two weeks ago and got it at 9:30 am. Got Navi the next day no problem.

Couldn’t get SDD on our 1st day on a CL7, but I expected that.

1 Like

@stazastarfish Thanks for the advice. I really hope I’ll be able to RD but most likely won’t. My wife and son are almost impossible to wake up early, unfortunately. Never RDed in WDW, only did so in DL but that was only because they opened at 10 AM…

1 Like

Someone that I work with - a little (in a diff dept, but we do have some interaction) I found out uses TP and insistent about RD :slight_smile:
Her husband also works here, saw him a little while ago and was talking about it - he said “I am up at the crack of dawn, then standing in line at 7am waiting for the park to open, wondering where I went wrong” LOL
but he does it!

3 Likes

:rofl:

If it was only my wife I’d just make noise until she got up but, most importantly of all, I don’t want to get my son in cranky mode on Disney Week !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’re late arrivals too. Our touring plan tells us 20 min wait at 10 am for slinky dog on a CL7 day. I’m not sure how far off that is…

1 Like

Yeah seems surprising. Whenever I check it seems like the wait time for slinky are always super long…

1 Like

Slinky Dog Dash Wait Times - Wednesday, August 22, 2018. 43 minutes predicted at 10am today, CL4. Even that seems too low a prediction to me.

Seems I’ve been hearing reports of 60 minutes and more 15 minutes after RD. I think the TP logarithms are still fine tuning wait times for these new rides at HS.

@lflafond- I’d say the most important park for you all to RD would be HS, since you’re going there early in your week, so no fpps available for the new rides.

When traveling to Disney w our littles, we always make sure to take the afternoon break, pool, or nap etc. That way it balances out the early morns and the evenings. Tho we keep closely to home sleeptimes, just seems to work better for our kiddos.

Only meltdown we ever had was when stayed late @MK 1 night (late being 9pm) with the 2 1/2 yr old. She cried all the way from park, in the bus, into the hotel. Yow. So we keep to the schedule from now on.

And Bienvenue aux Montrealers! My 2 kiddos spent about 10 yrs total there, going to University. It’s a wonderful city!

3 Likes

Thanks @stazastarfish !!! We do have a nice city minus the winters… :slight_smile:

I keep reading about those out of the park PM breaks but I wasn’t sure if it was worth it. When we go in Nov. HS and AK hours are supposed to be 9am - 8 pm so I thought that was pretty short hours and was afraid of wasting too much time taking the bus back and forth back to the hotel and so. I think I’ll try to RD every other day; that might be a good compromise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going alone and taking an afternoon break everyday LOL
But I do RD every day also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the winters haha! Concierge @Dd’s apartment was shocked I didn’t have a shovel in my car 1st winter I visited. "nuff said haha.

@jflafond- I’m waiting to see if HS gets earlier hours for our Oct trip. So far, I’m hearing they change hours often 15 days before the next month or so. Actually, I’d prefer HS to open 8 or 7 instead of 9, since it would give us better chance of staying ahead of crowd for TSL.

2 Likes

Thank you. I keep checking intermittently.